2 Assisted Living Facilities in Bolivar, MO
Also serving communities of Buffalo.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bolivar. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bolivar 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rogersville with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bolivar, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bolivar
Bolivar, Missouri is located 30 minutes from the major city of Springfield and hosts the award-winning Southwest Baptist University. Bolivar has been named one of the Best Small Towns in America according to their Chamber of Commerce. This quaint area houses six Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs), and there are another four nearby. These facilities are defined by the state of Missouri as premises which provide 24-hour supervision, personal care services, health care and medication distribution or storage. The standards of care in the facilities are regulated by the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bolivar
- The Bolivar area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Citizens Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors living in Bolivar can save money on daily living expenses, due to the cost of living being 13.6 percent lower than the national average.
- Violent crime in Bolivar is 35.6 out of a 100 (1 being the safest), which is just a little over the national average of 31.1. Property crime is at 46.9, which is higher than the national average, and may make seniors feel unsafe.
- The OATS transportation service offers select routes throughout Polk County. Rides need to be scheduled in advance and don’t run every day of the week. Some seniors may have trouble getting around in this area depending on the day and desired pickup/drop off location.
- Seniors in Bolivar may enjoy a mild summer with a high of 89 degrees in July. They could find it difficult to get around in the winter, however, as this area gets 13 inches of annual snowfall and has a low of 22 degrees in January.
- Bolivar seniors might enjoy an excursion to the big city of Springfield for shopping, dining, or theatre. There a many of places to explore in-town as well such as the Polk County Museum or play a round of golf at the Bolivar Golf Club.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bolivar
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Bolivar start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bolivar and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bolivar
Missouri’s Medicaid plan is available to qualified seniors who need help paying for assisted living. There are also several Medicaid waivers that help cover additional costs for eligible seniors. The Older Americans Act is a non-Medicaid program may be of assistance to seniors who are not Medicaid-eligible.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bolivar
Bolivar and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bolivar, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bolivar
Bolivar-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bolivar
Review of Butterfield Residential Care Center
I have been very impressed with the care that my mother has received since she has lived at Butterfield. Her exact words were "what is not to like about it?" She loves it that she has her own spa... Read more
Review of Butterfield Residential Care Center
The facility is very clean and very well care for. It is situated right next to the park and has amazing views. My favorite thing is that the residents halls are split depending on their need for s... Read more