3 Assisted Living Facilities in Philadelphia, MS
Also serving communities of Kosciusko.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Philadelphia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Philadelphia 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Philadelphia, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Philadelphia, MS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Mississippi, is home to the sacred Choctaw Indian ceremonial ground at Nanih Waiya, built over 1700 years ago. Seniors can explore the historical sites and then relax at home in one of two Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) within city limits — or choose from two in the surrounding area. ALFs in Mississippi are also referred to as Personal Care Homes and are defined as residences that provide medical services, supervision and assistance with daily living activities. These facilities are governed by the Mississippi State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Philadelphia
- The cost of living in Philadelphia is 11.10 percent lower than the national average. This may make it easier for seniors living here to build up savings, or to afford extra entertainment.
- The Philadelphia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Neshoba County General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors and their loved ones may feel unsafe in this area due to the crime rates. Violent crime is rated at 53.9 out of 100 (1 being the safest) which is a lot higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is also high at 60.6 compared to the national average of 38.1.
- Due to Philadelphia’s climate, seniors may enjoy living here. With warm summers that average 91 degrees, seniors can get outside and enjoy nature. The mild winters have only one inch of snow and average lows of 34 degrees, so seniors with limited mobility can be active year-round.
- Seniors might have a hard time getting around due to the limited bus service in this area.
- Philadelphia is home to the Dancing Rabbit Golf Course, which has 18-hole courses and packages that include golf, dining and accommodations at the Pearl River Resort. Seniors can receive a senior discount for some packages. They can also explore local art and entertainment at the annual Choctaw Indian Fair that features live music, traditional crafts and dancing.
Paying for Assisted Living in Philadelphia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Philadelphia start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Philadelphia
Low-income seniors in Mississippi seeking financial aid for assisted living costs may be entitled to receive help through the state’s Assisted Living Waiver. At this time, Mississippi offers no non-Medicaid programs for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Philadelphia
Philadelphia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Philadelphia, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Philadelphia
Philadelphia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Philadelphia
Review of BeeHive Homes of Philadelphia
BeeHive Homes was really nice. The residents seemed to be content. I noticed they had a table out with a jigsaw puzzle that somebody was working on. There was just something to do rather than just ... Read more