71 Assisted Living Facilities near Vadnais Heights, MN
There are 71 Assisted Living Facilities in the Vadnais Heights area, with 3 in Vadnais Heights and 68 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Vadnais Heights is $4,987 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include White Bear Lake with an average starting cost of $2,185.
To help you with your search, browse the 253 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Vadnais Heights. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Vadnais Heights 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Little Canada with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Vadnais Heights find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Vadnais Heights, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Vadnais Heights, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vadnais Heights
Vadnais Heights, along with 12 other cities, is located in the Ramsey-Washington Metro Watershed District and rests on the eastern side of Vadnais Lake. Seniors residents, who make up 15 percent of the population, can enjoy leisure activities on the water and lake views while shopping. Those needing assistance with daily living can choose from 59 assisted living communities in the area.
Assisted living facilities provide 24-hour support, personal care and health services such as medication management and assistance with activities of daily living to seniors. The Minnesota Department of Health governs the regulations and inspects these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vadnais Heights
- The Vadnais Heights area is home to world-class medical facilities, including HealthEast St. John’s Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Vadnais Heights has a cost of living rating of 118.2, compared to the national average of 100. This figure is mostly driven by health care and transportation, but groceries generally cost less than the national average. Everyday goods may be cheaper for seniors, but the significantly higher cost of health care may be a concern.
- Vadnais Heights has an array of community resources for seniors, including the White Bear Area Senior Program, an organization that offers information and activities for seniors as well as four other senior centers.
- Vadnais Heights offers seniors a chance to learn more about the world around them at the Bell Museum’s Whitney and Elizabeth MacMillan Planetarium and natural history museum.
- The summers are warm with a high average of 83 degrees, so seniors can enjoy the local landscape and walking trails, but the winters are quite cold, averaging only 7 degrees in January with 52 inches of snowfall. Seniors with limited mobility may have difficulty getting out for shopping needs or doctor’s appointments in the winter months.
- Crime in Vadnais Heights is rated lower than the national averages, so seniors and their loved ones can feel secure. For example, the national average for violent crime is 31.1 out of 100 (1 being the safest), and Vadnais Heights was rated at 25.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Vadnais Heights
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Vadnais Heights start around $4,987 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vadnais Heights and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vadnais Heights
The state’s Managed Medicaid program, the Minnesota Senior Health Options, is available to qualified seniors to help with assisted living costs. The state-funded plan, Group Residential Housing (GRH)m, is also available to eligible seniors and covers assisted living and personal care expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vadnais Heights
Vadnais Heights and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vadnais Heights, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vadnais Heights
Vadnais Heights-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Vadnais Heights, MN
Other Options in Vadnais Heights, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Vadnais Heights
Review of Gable Pines
I was very pleased with Jody at Gable Pines, and she gave me a wonderful tour. It was thorough, the nature of the information that she shared regarding the care, the staff, safety, food service, an... Read more
Review of Gable Pines
I looked at Gable Pines. It was very nice. They were our second choice. The staff members were great. They were very good. They have apartments. They have trips to stores, and they have activities.... Read more
Review of Gable Pines
The staff are so kind and compassionate. They work so hard to meet the needs of my family members. From health care needs to entertainment to fun projects even to finding ways to make things fun ... Read more