The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Oak Park Heights, MN for 2023
Also serving communities of Bayport.
There are 60 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oak Park Heights area, with 3 in Oak Park Heights and 57 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Oak Park Heights is $2,645 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,875.
To help you with your search, browse the 250 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oak Park Heights. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oak Park Heights 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hudson with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oak Park Heights, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Oak Park Heights, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oak Park Heights
Oak Park Heights, Minnesota, is known as “Tree City” USA, and for good reason. Seniors have access to nine different parks within city limits to enjoy fresh air and wooded trails, as well as two assisted living facilities to choose from, with 56 in the nearby area.
Assisted living facilities serve seniors by creating a homelike atmosphere and offer 24-hour support and other services like medication management and organized social activities. The Minnesota Department of Health governs the policies of these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oak Park Heights
- The Oak Park Heights area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hudson Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Oak Park Heights is about 12 percent more expensive than the average American city. While housing is more expensive, seniors can save money on food and other grocery items, which are about 8 percent cheaper than average.
- Seniors can breathe easy here in Oak Park Heights. The American Lung Association gave it an ozone rating of A and a 24-hour particle pollution score of C, so seniors can enjoy long walks and outdoor activities with ease.
- Seniors can experience beautiful Italianate architecture at the Washington County Courthouse built in 1867. This historic building is now a museum that offers seniors the chance to see period clothing and antique office equipment or take guided history strolls.
- With just over 4 feet of snow and an average low temperature of 6 degrees in January, seniors may find it too difficult to get out for basic needs like groceries or appointments in the winter. Summers are much warmer, with an average of 82 degrees, so seniors willing to brave the cold can enjoy the warm weather and outdoor activities.
- Property crime is quite high in Oak Park Heights, with a score of 67.2, which is 55 percent higher than the national average. Seniors may want to take extra precautions with home security due to the high crime.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oak Park Heights
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Oak Park Heights start around $2,645 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oak Park Heights and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oak Park Heights
The state of Minnesota funds the Group Residential Housing (GRH) program, which offers aid to qualified seniors for assisted living costs. Eligible seniors may be able to receive help from the state’s Medicaid program, Minnesota Senior Health Options.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oak Park Heights
Oak Park Heights and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oak Park Heights, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oak Park Heights
Oak Park Heights-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Oak Park Heights, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oak Park Heights
Review of Oak Ridge Place
My mother lived at Oakridge Place. The price was good. You have a choice of doing a full meal plan, one meal a day, or two meals a day. They had wonderful staff there. We visited there. I thought t... Read more
Review of Boutwells Landing
Boutwells Landing is a great caregiving place. It's beautiful and well laid out. Foods have been excellent, and I know that through my mother. I don't eat there. It's bright and roomy. The care is ... Read more
Review of Oak Ridge Place
We toured Oak Ridge Place. What I liked about it was the staff, friendly staff, and very knowledgeable. We were able to meet some, and what is important to us is they have nurses 24/7. We got to me... Read more