18 Assisted Living Facilities near Jackson, MI
Also serving communities of Grass Lake, Cement City.
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jackson area, with 14 in Jackson and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Jackson is $3,440 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 38 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jackson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jackson 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stockbridge with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Jackson find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jackson, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Jackson, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jackson
Jackson is located in south central Michigan in Jackson County and has a population of 33,165. The area is home to 21 assisted living facilities (ALF) that are licensed and regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a division of the Department of Human Services. ALFs are defined by the state as those facilities having 25 or more residents aged 55 or older. Services provided in ALFs in Jackson include assistance with personal care, medication management, and social activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jackson
- The Jackson, Michigan area is home to world-class medical facilities including Henry Ford Allegiance Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Located in south-central Michigan south of Lansing, Jackson is known for its mild summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature in January is 31 degrees Fahrenheit and 82 degrees Fahrenheit in July, which can be tough for ALF residents sensitive to extreme temperatures.
- Jackson has an array of community resources for seniors, including meals, counseling and chore services offered by the Jackson County Department on Aging, as well as a senior center.
- Crime is a serious problem in Jackson as it is in many other parts of Michigan. The overall crime rate in Jackson is 104 percent higher than the national average, making Jackson safer than just two percent of U.S. cities. Seniors on day trips with family or the facility are advised to be cautious.
- The Jackson Area Transportation Authority provides regular, scheduled public bus service within the city Mondays through Saturdays and offers discounts to those age 60 and older. In addition, Catholic Charities of Jackson County provides on-demand transportation to seniors throughout the Jackson area for non-emergency medical needs.
- There are many fun and interesting cultural events and attractions in and around Jackson. These include the Ella Sharp Museum, Art 634 Gallery and Cascade Falls. Most Jackson events and attractions offer a senior discount, although the qualifying age varies.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jackson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Jackson start around $3,440 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jackson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jackson
Eligible Jackson, Michigan seniors will find a number of state and federal government programs that offer financial assistance to help with the cost of an assisted living facility. These include Medicaid State Plan, MI Choice and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jackson
Jackson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jackson, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jackson
Jackson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jackson
Review of Countryside Retirement Community
We chose Countryside Retirement Community for my aunt because we like the facility. It was very clean, very modern, and very well-kept. The person that was showing me through was very informative a... Read more
Review of Countryside Retirement Community
My father is at Countryside Retirement Community. It's been an excellent experience. The person that I spoke with initially to learn more about the whole community was the coordinator and liaison, ... Read more
Review of Summit Park Assisted Living Center
My aunt is doing well at Summit Park. It's not like being at home, but she's making adjustments. I moved her in, but there's no visiting now with the COVID restrictions. We can visit through a scre... Read more