32 Assisted Living Facilities near North Attleboro, MA
Also serving communities of Attleboro Falls.
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the North Attleboro area.
To help you with your search, browse the 200 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North Attleboro. Better rated regions include Attleboro with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North Attleboro, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in North Attleboro, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North Attleboro
North Attleboro prides itself on its New England history and has several groups involved in the stewardship of historical sites. Seniors may enjoy taking a peek into the past at the WWI Memorial Park and Zoo. In addition to exploring the area’s history, seniors have their pick of 45 assisted living facilities in the area. These facilities offer services such as medication management, social activities and assistance with daily living and provide a supervised residential setting for seniors. They are licensed by the Massachusetts Office of Elder Affairs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North Attleboro
- Seniors who love all four seasons may enjoy the climate in North Attleboro, which has comfortable and warm summers that have an average high of 83 degrees in July and chilly winters with an average low of 18 degrees in January. The area experiences an average snowfall of 42 inches, only 16 inches higher than the national average.
- The North Attleboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sturdy Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Violent crime is rated at 28 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is lower than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 33.4, which is also lower than the national average of 38.1. Due to the low crime rates, seniors may feel quite secure.
- The American Lung Association gave Bristol County, including North Attleboro, a mixed rating for its air quality. While the Particle Pollution 24-hour score was an excellent A, the ozone score was poor with a rating of D.
- Seniors in North Attleboro can travel around Bristol County and into the Greater Boston area with the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA). The MBTA offers several public travel options for seniors and those with mobility devices at discounted rates.
- The cost of living in North Attleboro is rated at 129.2 in comparison with the national average of 100. This means that the cost of living is 29.2 percent higher than the average, so seniors may find slight difficulty when planning for larger or unexpected expenses.
Paying for Assisted Living in North Attleboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in North Attleboro start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North Attleboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North Attleboro
Seniors on a budget may qualify for the state’s Medicaid Assisted Living Benefit programs, the Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) and the Supplemental Security Income (SSI-G) to obtain financial aid for assisted living costs. There is also one non-Medicaid plan, the Supportive Senior Housing Initiative Program, for eligible seniors seeking help.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North Attleboro
North Attleboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North Attleboro, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North Attleboro
North Attleboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.