138 Assisted Living Facilities near Riverdale, MD
Also serving communities of College Park, Landover.
There are 138 Assisted Living Facilities in the Riverdale area, with 2 in Riverdale and 136 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 427 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Riverdale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Riverdale 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Riverdale, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Riverdale, MD
136 Assisted Living Facilities near Riverdale, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Riverdale
Riverdale Park is a small town in Prince George's County, Maryland. It's located within the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The town is home to two assisted living facilities, which are available to area senior citizens, who make up 8% of Riverdale Park's small population.
In Riverdale Park and the rest of Maryland, facilities that provide assisted living to the elderly are known officially as Assisted Living Programs (ALPs). They're subject to regulations set forth by the Maryland Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Riverdale
- Summers in Riverdale Park are fairly warm, which can be uncomfortable for seniors sensitive to hot weather. In July, which is usually the hottest month of the year, the average temperature is 89 degrees, about 4 degrees warmer than in the average U.S. city.
- Crime rates in Riverdale Park are close to state and national averages, and the city is safer than 21% of other U.S. cities. Even with moderate crime rates, it's always best to ensure that assisted living facilities have adequate security in place to protect residents.
- The Riverdale Park area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Doctors Community Practices at Riverdale, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- Riverdale Park may be expensive for seniors who are on a tight budget. The overall cost of living is more than 33% higher than in the average U.S. city.
- The air quality in Riverdale Park has been given a passing grade by the American Lung Association, which means there is minimal health risk associated with the air in the city.
- There is plenty of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy in the Riverdale Park area, including the city's outdoor city-wide sculpture gallery.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Riverdale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Riverdale start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Riverdale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Riverdale
Seniors who live in assisted living facilities in the Riverdale area may be eligible to have their services covered by Maryland's Medicaid 1915(c) HCBS Community Options waiver. The state also provides assistance through its Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy program and the Maryland Department of Aging's long-term living supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Riverdale
Riverdale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Riverdale, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Riverdale
Riverdale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Riverdale, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Riverdale
Review of Crescent Cities Center
Crescent Cities Center was good. They have a doctor for any customer who has Kaiser Permanente. They even have an office in there to coordinate their care. It was good. They had very nice and beaut... Read more
Review of Crescent Cities Center
IGive this company a 5 for the care of my loveone. Read more