67 Assisted Living Facilities near Brookeville, MD
Also serving communities of Laytonsville.
There are 67 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brookeville area, with 3 in Brookeville and 64 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brookeville is $5,055 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,505. Cheaper nearby regions include Olney with an average starting cost of $4,947.
To help you with your search, browse the 163 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brookeville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brookeville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fulton with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brookeville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Brookeville, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brookeville
Brookville is a suburban community located about 12 miles from Washington D.C. Seniors have much to do in this area including choosing from three assisted living facilities in Brookville and another 123 assisted living communities located in nearby towns, including Olney, Montgomery Village and Columbia. In these facilities, seniors receive personal care services that include medication management and help with the activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming and bathing, all within a secure and comfortable residential environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brookeville
- Brookeville's weather is considered subtropical, and the warm, humid summers include thunderstorms and hot, sticky days. Winters aren't severe, but they are typically cold, with about 18 inches of snowfall each year.
- Montgomery County, in which Brookeville is located, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Located less than 20 miles from Washington, D.C., Brookeville is well-positioned for residents to enjoy the cultural offerings of the nation's capital. The National Mall includes the prime museum complex in the country in the array of Smithsonian Museums there, and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Ford's Theatre and the Warner Theater offer top theatrical and concert performances all year long.
- Brookeville has an array of community resources for seniors, including Senior Connection, an organization that provides escorted transportation for seniors and food pantry service when needed, as well as senior-related activities at the Longwood Community Recreation Center.
- While Brookeville experiences a cost of living that's 60 percent higher than the national average, its cost of living is significantly below that in some suburbs closer to Washington, D.C.
- The Brookeville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Johns Hopkins Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brookeville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Brookeville start around $5,055 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brookeville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brookeville
Eligible seniors who need a little financial help to pay for their assisted living in Brookeville may qualify for government assistance programs, including Program for All-Inclusive Care of the Elderly (PACE), administered by Medicaid, and Supplemental Security Income Category G, administered by the Social Security Administration.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brookeville
Brookeville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brookeville, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brookeville
Brookeville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Brookeville, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brookeville
Review of Marian Assisted Living
We visited Marian Assisted Living, they're very accommodating. I visited once and I was impressed, and I know that my friend is very, very happy. So it's worth you looking into. He's Catholic and t... Read more
Review of Brookeville House Assisted Living
All of the places are beautiful ,clean and have a very homey feeling. The staff help make the residents feel comfortable and loved. My mom especially liked that she could sit down at the dining roo... Read more
Review of Brookeville House Assisted Living
Our mother was in Brookevillehouse for 15 months....The care was exceptional. The food was delicious....and plentiful....The atmosphere was very family oriented. Activities were plentiful and the... Read more