22 Assisted Living Facilities near Adamstown, MD
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Adamstown area, with 1 in Adamstown and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Adamstown is $6,540 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Frederick with an average starting cost of $4,292.
To help you with your search, browse the 127 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Adamstown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Adamstown 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Frederick with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Adamstown, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Adamstown, MD
21 Assisted Living Facilities near Adamstown, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Adamstown
Adamstown, Maryland, is a small town with a small senior population of around 8 percent. Seniors looking for a bit of peace and quiet may appreciate Adamstown. While there are no major attractions, there are 36 assisted living facilities in the surrounding area for seniors to choose from.
The Maryland Department of Health governs the policies of Assisted Living Facilities, known as residential or facility-based programs, that are designed to provide supervision and personalized assistance to seniors. Some of the services offered are medication management, assistance with activities of daily living and health support.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Adamstown
- The air quality in Frederick County isn’t too bad according to the American Lung Association. While the ozone rating of C is okay, seniors with severe lung conditions should consider how this may affect their health.
- The Adamstown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Frederick Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Adamstown is rated at 148.4, compared to the national average of 100. This may affect seniors who are on a tight budget and make it difficult to afford daily necessities.
- Seniors in Adamstown enjoy a very low crime rate. Violent crime is nearly 15 percent lower that the national average, so seniors living here can feel safe when running errands or going for a walk. Property crime is almost 30 percent lower than the national average, so seniors can feel very secure in their homes.
- Adamstown has warm summers with an average of 88 degrees in July. Winters run a bit chilly, with an average low of 23 degrees in January and 22 inches of snow, which may make it difficult for seniors to be active all year round.
- While Adamstown has no theatres, museums or golf courses, local seniors might enjoy taking a trip to the nearby Riverview Plaza for shopping at major stores such as Old Navy, Michaels and TJ Maxx.
Paying for Assisted Living in Adamstown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Adamstown start around $6,540 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Adamstown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Adamstown
The Assisted Living Subsidy program is a state-funded plan that qualified seniors can use to get help for assisted living costs. For seniors who are eligible for Medicaid, there is a Medicaid waiver called the Community Options Waiver that also offers assisted living aid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Adamstown
Adamstown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Adamstown, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Adamstown
Adamstown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Adamstown
Review of Buckingham's Choice
My dad is living in the assisted living section of Buckingham's Choice. I visit him him frequently. I have encountered staff that are caring, responsive, and VERY attentive to my dad's needs. I... Read more
Review of Buckingham's Choice
Very disappointed with this facility. Ready to contact the media. My parent had been in here for over a year. The food has gone downhill, cheap cafeteria food.The building is HVAC is poorly install... Read more
Review of Buckingham's Choice
We have signed a contract for Buckingham's Choice. My dad is very capable and very mobile, but he is 81, and it is difficult for him to have my mother who is not terribly ambulatory. Other places, ... Read more