15 Assisted Living Facilities near Davenport, IA
Also serving communities of Eldridge, Walcott, Wheatland.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Davenport area, with 6 in Davenport and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Davenport is $3,956 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 60 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Davenport. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Davenport 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tipton with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Davenport, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Davenport, IA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Davenport
Davenport is a vibrant city situated on the Mississippi River in the eastern part of the state. There are 19 assisted living facilities in Davenport, six are located within the city and the other 13 are located in the surrounding region. Here, assisted living facilities are categorized depending on the level of care they provide. Assisted living programs are for seniors who can self-direct and make decisions regarding their care, and residential care programs are for seniors who need supervision and assistance with the activities of daily living. All facilities in Davenport, as in the rest of the state, are licensed and monitored by the Department of Inspections and Appeals, Health Facilities Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Davenport
- Davenport rates 40 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index, compared to the overall national average score of 54, which may be a consideration for seniors who enjoy spending a lot of time outdoors. While summers aren’t unusually hot, with July highs in the mid-80s, winters here are cold with lows in the teens. The city sees about 30 inches of snow, 36 inches of rain and 203 sunny days annually.
- Davenport residents do not have to pay a tax on their Social Security benefits, and a tax exemption exists for other types of retirement income. This may leave more money in the budget for assisted living expenses.
- While the overall cost of living in Davenport is roughly 11 percent below the national average, this is primarily due to the low cost of housing. Seniors can expect to spend about 5 percent less on groceries and miscellaneous expenses than they would elsewhere, while transportation may cost about 10 percent more.
- The overall crime rate in Davenport is higher than both state and national averages. The occurrence of violent crime is 150 percent higher than the average violent crime rate in Iowa and 88 percent higher the average violent crime rate in the United States. The property crime rate is 132 percent higher than the states average and 98 percent higher than the U.S. average.
- The Davenport area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Select Specialty Hospital and Genesis Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Davenport has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Friendly House, an organization that offers meals, volunteer opportunities, field trips and other activities to seniors, as well as three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Davenport
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Iowa
Assisted Living costs in Davenport start around $3,956 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Davenport and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Davenport
Davenport seniors who meet income restrictions may apply to receive financial assistance through the Medicaid 1915 (c) Elderly Waiver program. Additionally, seniors who qualify for Supplemental Security Income and live in a residential care facility may also receive the optional state supplement to help cover the cost of their care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Davenport
Davenport and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Davenport, please visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Davenport
Davenport-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Iowa are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Davenport, IA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Davenport
Review of Ridgecrest Village
We went to Ridgecrest Village. We toured both independent and assisted living. Everything was beautiful. They had a garden area, and they had libraries. There were lots of ladies playing mah-jong. ... Read more
Review of Davenport Lutheran Home
We went to Davenport Lutheran Home. It was very nice. It was smaller than the other facilities, but in a good way because the hallways weren't as long. It was very homey. The apartments were actual... Read more
Review of Silvercrest Garner Retirement Community
My friend is now in Silvercrest Garner Retirement Community. It's very nice. They have nice sized apartments. In fact, they just updated everything. They have bright hallways. They hung up new artw... Read more