18 Assisted Living Facilities near Rock Island, IL
Also serving communities of Milan.
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rock Island area, with 2 in Rock Island and 16 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 70 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rock Island. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rock Island 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Davenport with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rock Island, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rock Island, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rock Island
Rock Island was recently ranked as one of the best small cities to live in America. Of the city's 40,000 or so residents, an estimated 16 percent of them are aged 65 and over. This relatively high senior demographic creates a need for assisted living facilities in the local area.
In Rock Island, there are three assisted living communities and almost 20 in the surrounding areas that exist to help local seniors with the activities of daily life. All facilities in the Rock Island area, just like in the rest of Illinois, fall under the jurisdiction of The Division of Assisted Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rock Island
- The Rock Island area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Trinity Rock Island Campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Rock Island has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Project NOW Community Action Agency, an organization that provides meals, support and assistance for local seniors, as well as two other senior centers.
- Seniors living in Rock Island, Illinois, may be pleased to find out that that state doesn't tax Social Security payments. This may leave more room in their budget to pay for assisted living facilities.
- The American Lung Association awarded Rock Island a rating of "B" in its ozone category. This means that it's unlikely the air there will aggravate any respiratory conditions.
- With an average of 32 inches of snow annually and 37 inches of rainfall, compared to the national averages of 26 and 39, respectively, the weather in Rock Island may not always be ideal for seniors who enjoy spending their time outdoors.
- The overall cost of living in the Rock Island area is around 20 percent less expensive than the national average. However, with healthcare weighing in at around 11 percent more than the national average, seniors should be mindful of the potential costs of living here, should take ill.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rock Island
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Rock Island start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rock Island and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rock Island
Rock Island seniors who meet the eligibility criteria can apply to the state's Medicaid program for financial assistance with the costs incurred of residing in an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rock Island
Rock Island and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rock Island, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Rock Island Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rock Island
Rock Island-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rock Island
Review of Friendship Manor
I've been to Friendship Manor. They were very accommodating. They gave me a tour of most of the building and a couple of the units. It was a very nice facility. We basically figured out that my mot... Read more
Review of Friendship Manor
Silver Cross staff is terrible, rude, not caring except a select few. The housekeepers and maintenance etc.. Seem to be the people that brighten their day. It is sad to know my aunt is living the... Read more
Review of Fort Armstrong Senior Residence
We placed my mother-in-law in Fort Armstrong. It is nice, close by, and we have church members who are also staying there. The staff is very friendly, and I notice that they care about the resident... Read more