17 Assisted Living Facilities near Moline, IL
Also serving communities of Silvis.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Moline area, with 3 in Moline and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Moline is $3,255 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 71 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Moline. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Moline 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Davenport with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Moline, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Moline, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Moline
Moline is located in northwestern Illinois straddling the Mississippi River at the Iowa border. The city is home to 43,483 residents and has a thriving senior community that makes up more than 5,000 people. Seniors who enjoy a day out enjoying nature can enjoy the 700 acres of parkland across the city and walking trails that span more than 16 miles.
Some of the area’s seniors may require help with daily living tasks, and there are three assisted living facilities in the city to accommodate them, along with another 15 in surrounding neighborhoods such as Eldridge, Davenport and Silvis. These facilities are licensed as assisted living establishments, share housing establishments, sheltered care facilities and supportive living facilities by the Illinois Department of Public Health, in Davenport and throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Moline
- Illinois seniors are not taxed on Social Security benefits, pensions or retirement savings account withdrawals, which may leave more money in the assisted living budget for Moline seniors.
- The air quality rating for Moline is 71, more than 12 points higher than the U.S. median of 58, which might be good news for seniors with chronic respiratory or cardiovascular conditions.
- The violent crime rating in Moline is 18.8, slightly lower than the nation’s average of 22.7; however, the city’s property crime rate is 46.9, considerably higher than the national median of 35.4. Seniors may want to travel in groups and keep an eye on their belongings in this city.
- The Moline area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Trinity Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Moline is 81.5, lower than the Illinois average of 101.5 and the national average of 100. Although seniors can expect to pay less for transportation, utilities and groceries in this city than in other areas of the state or country, healthcare expenses at 111.5 are higher than both the state and national averages, something seniors with chronic medical conditions may want to consider.
- Moline’s temperatures range from 85 degrees in July to 15 degrees in January. This city also gets 204 sunny days each year, only one less than the national average of 205, ideal for seniors who enjoy spending most of their time outdoors.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Moline
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Moline start around $3,255 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Moline and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Moline
Moline seniors who need help with their assisted living expenses may be able to get support from Illinois’ Medicaid waiver, which is known as the HCBS Waiver for Supportive Living Facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Moline
Moline and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Moline, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Moline
Moline-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Moline
Review of Heritage Woods of Moline
We just got my mom in the Heritage Woods this week. We do not have that much experience yet, but so far so good. The facility is OK. Right now, she's paying through her own funds. When they run out... Read more
Review of Heritage Woods of Moline
Heritage Woods was pretty nice. They did a nice job. I've talked to them several times, and they did a Zoom tour with us. I've been in the building before, but my mother hasn't. The staff was very ... Read more
Review of Amber Ridge Assisted Living
We chose Amber Ridge Assisted Living because my father-in-law is an Illinois resident, it was affordable, and it's a very nice place. The staff is very compassionate and knowledgeable. They definit... Read more