2 Assisted Living Facilities in Lawrenceburg, IN
The average cost of assisted living in Lawrenceburg is $3,720 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Florence with an average starting cost of $3,057.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Lawrenceburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lawrenceburg 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Florence with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lawrenceburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Other Options in Lawrenceburg, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lawrenceburg
Review of Pine Knoll Assisted Living Center
I visited number of facilities to find a better place for my mom. She has been at Pine Knoll Assisted Living Center for a year now. We are so pleased with the care and attention she has received. T... Read more
Assisted Living near Dearborn County, IN
More Options Near Lawrenceburg, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lawrenceburg
The tiny Indiana city of Lawrenceburg, which is nestled in the southeastern portion of the state, is home to just more than 5,000 residents. Of these residents, nearly 15 percent are over the age of 65. To support its senior population, there are two assisted living facilities in the city proper and another nine situated nearby. These facilities, which are officially called Residential Care Facilities (RCFs), are licensed and monitored by the Family and Social Services Agency (FSSA) Division of Aging and house at least five individuals. In Indiana, RCFs provide one or more health-related services and two or more scheduled supportive services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lawrenceburg
- Lawrenceburg experiences cold winters and hot, humid summers. The cold season highs are near 40 degrees, and the hot season has highs in the mid-80s. The warm temperatures and high humidity levels in the summer may be a consideration for seniors who are sensitive to heat.
- The overall cost of living in Lawrenceburg is about 12 percent below the national average, which may appeal to seniors who are on a tight budget. Compared to the U.S. average, the cost of groceries is about 7 percent less, and health care expenses are about 14 percent less. Transportation expenses, which include the cost of gasoline, auto insurance and public transit, are about 8 percent higher here than they are elsewhere in the country.
- While Lawrenceburg seniors don’t pay a tax on their Social Security benefits, income from pensions and retirement savings accounts are taxed by the state. This may be something for seniors to consider when determining how much they can budget toward assisted living.
- The overall crime rate in Lawrenceburg is 8 percent lower than the state average and about 3 percent below the national average, which may make the city an attractive option for seniors and their families.
- Lawrenceburg has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Dearborn County Retired Seniors Volunteer Program, an organization that provides volunteer opportunities to keep seniors active and engaged in the community, as well as two senior centers.
- The Lawrenceburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Dearborn County Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lawrenceburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Lawrenceburg start around $3,720 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lawrenceburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lawrenceburg
Lawrenceburg seniors who meet eligibility guidelines may receive financial assistance for assisted living from one of several programs: Indiana Medicaid, the state’s Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915(c) Waiver program, the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program (RCAP) and Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lawrenceburg
Lawrenceburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lawrenceburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lawrenceburg
Lawrenceburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.