2 Assisted Living Facilities in Batesville, IN
The average cost of assisted living in Batesville is $3,578 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Greensburg with an average starting cost of $3,570.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Batesville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Batesville, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Batesville
The small city of Batesville, located in south-eastern Indiana, was founded in 1952 and was named after Joshua Bates, the first person to build a home on the very first lot. This city, rich in scenic beauty and with a commitment to providing the best quality of life to its residents, is home to 1,039 seniors who make up 16% of Batesville’s total population of 6,520. Some area seniors may need extra help with certain aspects of daily living, and there are two assisted living facilities located within the city to assist them.
In Indiana, including Batesville, assisted living facilities are called residential care facilities and are registered with the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging. If they administer medications, they must also be licensed by the Indiana State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Batesville
- Indiana does not tax Social Security benefits, which may be of appealing to low-income Batesville seniors.
- The Batesville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Margaret Mary Health - Main Campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Batesville is 87.6, slightly higher than the Indiana average of 87, and considerably lower than the U.S. average of 100. Seniors in the city can expect to pay less than the national average for healthcare and transportation. Groceries are, however, higher than the national average at 104.7, an important consideration for seniors when preparing their monthly food budgets.
Crime rates in Batesville are low, which may give seniors and their families peace of mind. The city has a violent crime rate of 21.5 and a property crime rate of 23.2; both lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- Seniors with respiratory issues who are looking for a city with good air quality may find it in Batesville. On a scale where higher numbers mean better air quality, the city has a rating of 76; almost 20 points higher than the national average of 58.
- Batesville has summer highs of 84 degrees Fahrenheit and winter lows of 20, which might not appeal to seniors who are sensitive to extreme hot or cold temperatures. The city only gets 176 sunny days per year, 29 less than the national average of 205, which may be a deterrent to seniors who enjoy participating in outdoor activities.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Batesville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Batesville start around $3,578 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Batesville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Batesville
Batesville seniors with low incomes who need help paying for the costs of assisted living might be able to get financial assistance from one of Indiana’s two Medicaid programs: the Aged and Disabled waiver or the Family Supports waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Batesville
Batesville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Batesville, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Batesville
Batesville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.