4 Assisted Living Facilities near Avilla, IN
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Avilla area, with 2 in Avilla and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Avilla. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Avilla 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Avilla, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Avilla, IN
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Avilla, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Avilla
The small town of Avilla, located in the northeastern region of Indiana, was settled around 1840 and developed largely due to the construction of the Grand Rapids and Indiana Railway and the Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Chicago Railway. This town has a population of just over 2,000 people and a senior community that accounts for nearly one in five residents.
The Avilla region has four assisted living facilities, including two in town and two in nearby Kendallville. These facilities may also be referred to as residential care facilities, and they are licensed by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Avilla
- Avilla's overall cost of living is about 5% below the statewide median and 18% below the national median, which may make it an appealing option for seniors who have tight assisted living budgets.
- On a 100-point scale, with a lower score representing less crime, property crime in Avilla is rated 31.5, several points lower than the national average of 35.4, and the violent crime rate is 15.5, versus the national average of 22.7. The town's relatively low crime rate may make it an attractive option for active seniors.
- Over the course of a year, temperatures in Avilla range between 17 degrees and 83 degrees, and the region gets 28 inches of snow annually, which is roughly on par with the national average. To ensure their comfort throughout the year, seniors may want to seek out an assisted living facility that has individual climate control.
- Anvilla seniors pay state income tax on money from retirement savings accounts and government and private pensions, but Social Security benefits are not taxed at the state level. This may affect how much money may be put toward assisted living services.
- Anvilla has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Kendallville.
- The Fort Wayne-Huntington-Auburn area, where Avilla is located, is rated 99 out of 228 metropolitan areas for high ozone days and 64 out of 217 metropolitan areas for 24-hour particle pollution by the American Lung Association. This indicates moderate levels of pollution, which may be a consideration for some seniors with conditions like COPD or asthma.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Avilla
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Avilla start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Avilla and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Avilla
Avilla seniors with limited income and assets may qualify for free or low-cost health insurance or financial assistance with assisted living through one of Indiana's state-funded programs, including the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program, Indiana Medicaid and the Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Avilla
Avilla and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Avilla, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Avilla
Avilla-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Avilla
Review of Presence Sacred Heart Home
We're very well pleased with the care my mother is receiving at Presence Sacred Heart Home. She's in a two-bedroom apartment, which is perfect for her and very clean. She gets assistance with vacuu... Read more