4 Assisted Living Facilities near Yorkville, IL
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Yorkville area, with 2 in Yorkville and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Yorkville is $4,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Aurora with an average starting cost of $3,548.
To help you with your search, browse the 13 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Yorkville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Yorkville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Morris with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Yorkville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Yorkville, IL
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Yorkville, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Yorkville
Yorkville, which is located in the northeastern region of Illinois, has a variety of resources for seniors, including free legal assistance and the Kendall County Older Men's Group. In this city, seniors comprise about 8% of the city's population of roughly 17,000 people. Some of these seniors reside in the region's assisted living facilities.
Yorkville has two assisted living facilities, and there are two more nearby. In this region, as in all of Illinois, there are four types of assisted living facilities, including shared housing establishments, assisted living establishments, sheltered care facilities and supportive living facilities. Assisted living establishments and shared housing establishments are governed by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Sheltered care facilities are licensed under the Nursing Home Care Act, and supportive living facilities are certified by the Department of Healthcare and Family Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Yorkville
- Yorkville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Services Associates, Inc., an organization that provides legal services, transportation and health screenings for seniors, as well as one senior center.
- The Yorkville area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Aurora.
- Yorkville has a dynamic arts and culture scene, including public art displays, live performances and an active art guild. Seniors in assisted living facilities may take day trips to see plays performed by the Fox Country Players, the community theatre group.
- While the property and sales tax rates are relatively high in Illinois, the state exempts nearly all types of retirement income from taxation, including Social Security income, pension income and withdrawals from retirement accounts. This may leave more money in the budget for assisted living in Yorkville.
- Local public bus service in Yorkville is provided by Kendall Area Transit. KAT provides curb-to-curb and door-to-door pick-up services for general trips and medical appointments. Seniors 60 years of age and older receive a discount on all fares.
- Yorkville is a relatively expensive place to live, which may be a consideration for seniors with tight assisted living budgets. Overall, the cost of living in this city is about 16% higher than the average Illinois city and 18% higher than the United States as a whole.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Yorkville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Yorkville start around $4,000 per month on average, which is on par with the average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Yorkville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Yorkville
Illinois seniors, including those in Yorkville, may qualify for help with assisted living facility fees via two Medicaid waiver programs, the Managed Long-Term Services and Supports program and the Supportive Living Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Yorkville
Yorkville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Yorkville, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Yorkville
Yorkville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Yorkville
Review of Cedarhurst of Yorkville
My parents have moved into Cedarhurst of Yorkville assisted living and I like the place. I was sold on it. It's a new building and there's also assistance in three wings. The setup is like a square... Read more
Review of Heritage Woods of Yorkville
The rooms at Heritage Woods of Yorkville were nicely decorated and colorful. Each one was unique. The community was clean and well maintained; however, it looked tired and could use some modernizat... Read more
Review of Heritage Woods of Yorkville
Heritage Woods appeared to be very nice. It was very updated and very nice. The staff seemed to be very professional. Dining appeared to be similar with the other facility; it appeared to be good q... Read more