Bickford of Oswego

Reviews of Bickford of Oswego

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Oswego

February 12, 2015

By SusanRG

Bickford of Oswego is a beautiful facility. It is always clean and smells nice. The common areas are nicely furnished, comfortable. Initially, I was afraid my father's room would be a little small, but it has turned out to be exactly the right amount of space for him. He doesn't need any more than what he has. The bathrooms are a nice size with large walk in showers. The staff at Bickford of Oswego has welcomed my father with open arms. Everyone (staff and residents) are always smiling, friendly, and welcoming. My dad is well taken care of, in fact he looks great! He loves the nurses, CNAs and other staff (the girls as he calls them.) They are understanding of his memory issues, but allow him as much independence as he can handle. It's nice that they have a flexible care continuum that allows each resident to get exactly the assistance they need while allowing them to continue to do what they can for themselves too. Most of all, the staff at Bickford has been a godsend to us as we now can enjoy Dad and be his daughters again instead of caregivers. It is truly a wonderful place.

September 26, 2014

I was at Bickford of Oswego when my husband was out of town. I think the facility looked pretty pleasant. The dining room is nice and the food seemed acceptable. Their activity room to me seemed non-existent because it was very small and it wouldn’t fit even a church table there. I think they have activities, but not in their activity room. The staff were very obliging in trying to get me in the facility, but they are understaffed.

March 01, 2012

By commercesd

We really enjoyed our visit to the Bickford assisted living facility. We happened to be in the vicinity looking at other places to consider for our aunt. The grounds looked well tended and maintained, with plenty of nice shrubs, trees and places to sit to enjoy the outside and have social events with residents and their friends and family. The décor was quite nice and fresh. They can accommodate most senior circumstances with a variety of living options. We thought it looked as though the staff could easily manage all of the residents, which is important to us. Our aunt has a tendency to wander off at times, so her safety is a concern for us. The communal areas were nicely designed with easy to access furniture and a comforting decor. There were plenty of nice areas for quiet time as well as socializing with other residents and friends, family and other visitors. The staff goes out of its way to suggest stimulating things to do - from gardening, to reading, playing games and outings in the community. The variety of activities offered was impressive. Just about any hobby you might have can be accommodated - and more. They take suggestions from residents, friends and family. The residents are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible. They may take exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, or use the weight training and other equipment. They may also enjoy the lovely garden which includes many pathways to safely enjoy in a serene environment. The living spaces were all a nice size and did not seem cramped. They were also beautifully decorated. We could see that our aunt would be comfortable in any one of them. We've visited quite a few assisted living facilities and thus far, the staff at this one are some of the most competent and friendly we've met yet. We could really see that the residents are treated with care, kindness and respect so that they are very well cared for at all times.

Costs for Bickford of Oswego

Photos of Bickford of Oswego

Services and Amenities of Bickford of Oswego

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Bickford of Oswego

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little — none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn't find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult — but we've also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother's happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we're devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services