Timbers of Shorewood

Reviews of Timbers of Shorewood

Assisted Living Reviews for Timbers of Shorewood

March 08, 2019

By Edna

Timbers of Shorewood was a nice and good community. There were some activities going on, and people were out and about. I didn't see people lying around or sleeping. They were pretty active. The dining area was clean. They had a library, beauty salon, physical therapy department and a computer room. They also had laundry service, trail and a patio. It was pretty much living in a home. I really liked the rooms because they actually looked like a real apartment and not just a senior home.

September 14, 2018

By She01

They were very nice at Timbers of Shorewood and it was very clean. The only thing I didn't care for was that it didn't have a swimming pool. The staff was friendly. They have an exercise room and standard things like card games.

September 03, 2017

By Kathleen S

This is a excellent community! We did our research and decided on The Timbers for several reasons, first was the people we met right away and toured with, they were knowledgeable and helpful. Second we liked that people were doing things and had activity going on everywhere. Third the whole experience was wonderful and now our dad is starting to enjoy his life again. Thanks Timbers

April 12, 2017

By David578467

We liked Timbers of Shorewood the best. The little apartments were a bit roomier and had more amenities for people. They had a patio with a barbecue grill. Everything looked like it was kept up well. They had bingo and activities for them to do. Everybody was very pleasant and helpful. The grounds and community location were nice. It was about half way in-between where my brother and I live.

April 11, 2017

By Linda484025

Timbers of Shorewood was very nice, and we didn't have any complaints about the place. We were amazed that my dad was able to get along there so well. The staff was very nice, especially the office manager. She was a very nice woman. The rooms were very nice, a good size, and very clean. Dad had a one-bedroom, a small living, kitchen, and a very nice, big bathroom. Their food was very good, and even better than some of the restaurants around the area.

July 09, 2016

By Kim143173

The Timbers of Shorewood was very good, yet nothing really stood out, but the people working there were very nice, knowledgeable, and very professional. It looked nice, and we got to see the model rooms. It is a huge, sprawling facility with multiple floors.

June 17, 2016

By BarbiDoll425474

I loved this facility right off. Very attractive and inviting. The staff are great and the residents appear happy. We visited with my father for lunch and the food was wonderful And of all the places I visited, it was the least expensive overall. Plus they provide sheets & towels and do personal laundry for the residents on a weekly basis. We have decided to move him into this facility soon and we are excited!.

June 16, 2016

By Janace416288

They’ve been great to my dad at Timbers of Shorewood. The nursing staff has been very attentive and the communication is great. There are a lot of activities to participate in. The food is really good. The dining area is set up very nicely, and he likes to sit by the window. I am most impressed by the amount and diverse types of activities that they have, so it’s nice that there’s something for everybody.

November 24, 2015

Timbers of Shorewood was a very nice place. They gave us a meal when I was there, and the food was very good. It was almost like a restaurant where they would ask you what would you like to eat. They had a lot of activities going on. It was a two-story building that was more like a condo. The staff was very nice and very friendly, and the woman who runs it has a dog. It's very pet friendly and more couple-oriented, but it was too far away for my father to live.

July 12, 2015

By stayingyoung

I love The Timbers of Shorewood! My dad is having the time of his life. He has a new lease and outlook on life. After my mom passed I didn't think he would be happy again. The Timbers has been a great decision. He is happy! The staff and management of The Timbers go above and beyond for the seniors who live there. They know every senior by name and they all smile and I like that. Thank you to the entire staff for making my Dad's life mean something again. You guys do the best work.

March 16, 2015

By familyofformerres

We are relatives of a former resident of the Timbers. Our advice to you is BEWARE!!! The first years at the Timbers were good, but as our loved aged and health declined things went downhill. As more care was need at additional costs, it was not always provided. Escorts were not always provided, amount of laundry and number of items in laundry not equaling number of days of between service, charts not initialed, monitor not always on them, and illnesses not noticed nor reported to us even with them providing two hour wellness checks. Over the last three years, we met with staff on a number of occasions, the managers, and even called the owner twice. Things would get better, then decline again. In the four months before we moved our loved one, there were TWO different illnesses that required extended hospital stays (a total 19 days) and care at a rehab facility (a total of 138 days). Neither time was either of the illnesses reported to us nor noticed by the staff. When I mentioned his condition while picking up a few things at the Timbers, two staff members said they notice he was not well; but neither called us nor reported it to anyone else there. We noticed and called his doctor both times. Both illnesses had progressed into a second more serious stage. One requiring two different antibiotics being administered in ER at the same time at a rapid speed to counter the infections. After the first hospital stay and before the second (occurring only 18 days apart), we had to bring in an independent agency with a nurse to visit a couple times a week, and rehab staff a couple of times a week. Even in ICU for the second hospital stay, they could not believe the sores our loved one had that had not been treated nor reported to us. You can imagine the pain and confusion our loved one endured being ill and being moved from one facility to another that many times in that short a period of time. Needless to say, we will not recommend this facility to anyone without letting them know our experience. I HAD to give the Timbers one star to get my review posted.

October 25, 2014

By Carol96449150

We move our parents today at Timbers, and we are moving their furniture there now. We consider it because my mom's brother is there, and their room has a full size kitchen with a stove, a refrigerator, and an oven. They have amenities like a workout and exercise room. They have a lot of different activities like sing-a-long and games. The surrounding is very nice. There is walking path, which is beautiful. The inside is also very nice. It is a very nice place, and the staff is quick to respond.

July 23, 2012

By Mbphony724

My sister and myself decided to move our mother in to a assisted living home, after she had suffered a fall which was quite scary since she lived alone after our fathers passing two years ago. Both of us living in the Chicago area we wanted a facility in between both us, so we could visit on the weekends. We looked around a few places and then we found Timbers of Shorewood. My sister and I visited the first time together to check it out. The staff was very informative, helpful, and caring for the residents. The logging was nice and seemd right for a elderly person. A week later we then visited with our mother who was against the whole idea to begin with began to feel comfortable at Shorewoods. She met some of the nurses and staff and really seemed to be comfortable, which was my sister and mines main concern. We moved her in 3 weeks later, and this was about two years ago. Overall Timbers of Shorewood is a great place for our mother I feel very grateful to the staff at Shorewoods.

Independent Living Reviews for Timbers of Shorewood

October 28, 2020

By Betty

We chose Timbers of Shorewood for my mom-in-law. My husband likes this one better. Also the location was good for us. He likes the fact that there is somebody there 24/7 because it is assisted and independent. They put my mom-in-law in the last room that's available for assisted. She is still in independent living but she is right there on the edge of the assisted, so that if she needs to be moved to assisted, we won't have to move her to another apartment. I really don't know too much about the staff. We really haven't been able to be in there since she got moved in. The staff all seemed to be very helpful. The facility is beautiful. It's well maintained, clean, and it's beautiful outside. The walking area is really well nicely decorated for the residents. They have a lot of activities. Some are on hold at the moment, but I know Mom has gone to bingo and to pokeno that she likes. They have exercise classes, too. They actually have very nice activities. They have a lot of social gathering and stuff for them, but until this Covid has left of course those are kinda non-existent. I don't think the value for money is too bad. It's not the highest priced and it's not the lowest priced. We like their meal plans because they have more than just one meal. They have the chef's menu which gives you the fancier kinds of entrees and stuff. You can have hotdog, soup or salad if you don't want the chef's menu. They have a larger variety of food for them to have. Because my mom-in-law is one of the people that a lot of times just wants soup and she doesn't really want a heavy meal, it works that well for her. There's still room for improvement because we don't know how happy she's actually going to be there. Right now, she's not the happiest with this because she hasn't been able to do anything. I want to see what's going to happen once things open up to where she can actually join in more activities and we can actually go and visit. Right now, it is outdoor visitations only and she's not going to be liking that pretty soon because it's going to be too cold for her. We really like the layout of the building and the way it is set up. We like her room. Her room is perfect for somebody who is starting to have a little bit of mental loss and that kind of thing. I like the way the rooms are set up because she has the opportunity for a full kitchen if she wants one, which is nice. Hopefully, when things loosen up, we can go over there and cook a meal with her.

January 01, 2019

By Kathryn

Timbers of Shorewood did not meet our needs because it was independent living. The studio and the one-bedroom apartments were very nice. It was just too high of a level of functioning for Mom. We were pleased with the appearance. The rooms were a very nice size. They had some really nice safety things in place where you had to switch a good morning plate on your door to make sure that you are awake and a good night plate when you went to bed. They would check on that without being too intrusive. The person during the tour was very pleasant with her descriptions and what could be done, trying to see if somehow it could work. They had options for meal plans where you could choose two or three meals a day and it could be breakfast and dinner or lunch and dinner or it could be all three. It was a very nice place.

April 26, 2017

By Elaine654251

Timbers of Shorewood was beautiful, clean, and very nice. The apartments were very nice, roomy, and clean. The dining area was run by an actual restaurant. The staff was nice.

June 22, 2016

By Herbert384072

Timbers of Shorewoods had wonderful, modern facilities and very helpful staff with a very good attitude. However, it was significantly more expensive. They had the nicest set up.

Costs for Timbers of Shorewood

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Healthy Cooking Classes

• State Licenses: 2203784

About Timbers of Shorewood

The Timbers of Shorewood presents its residents with the opportunity to live as full a life as they wish. A resident can create a day as exhilarating – or as soothing – as he or she wishes. The word “choices” applies to just about everything, and at the Timbers, there is an abundance of appealing options.

Take dining options … The Shorewood Forest Restaurant features a full service menu designed by a nutritionist and our own residents. Meals are served with full table service, and residents may dine when they wish and sit at the table of their choice. Daily specials complement an extensive menu with more than 40 choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Dining is just one feature, and there are many more. There are assisted living services if and when they are needed. Books are delivered from the renowned Shorewood-Troy Library. Complementary transportation is available to appointments, the grocery store and the shopping mall. If going out is taxing, you can stay at the Timbers and still get hairstyling or a haircut, visit the podiatrist, see the doctor or enjoy a massage.

Events and activities abound. From attending a ballroom dance to enjoying a concert in the park, from a current events lecture to an art exhibit, there are things to do. If you don’t want to partake in the plethora of events, that’s fine, too. A day reading the paper and napping can be as pleasurable as going to the Senior Prom, chaperones and all.

The point is … Your life at the Timbers is custom made – by you!

Map of Timbers of Shorewood