3 Assisted Living Facilities near Sycamore, IL
Also serving communities of Dekalb, Shabbona, Rochelle.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sycamore area, with 2 in Sycamore and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sycamore is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 28 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sycamore. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sycamore 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lake In The Hills with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sycamore, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Sycamore, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sycamore
Located 60 miles west of Chicago, Sycamore is a small community that encompasses an idyllic Midwestern lifestyle. Its quaint, historic downtown area is filled with locally owned shops and frequently hosts annual events, giving seniors the opportunity to really enjoy the city's four distinct seasons.
Seniors age 55 and older comprise 24.1 percent of the town's population. They have three Sycamore area assisted living facility options available, two nestled within the city limits and one in a community nearby. The Illinois Department of Public Health regulates these facilities, which provide private apartments to residents in an effort to help seniors maintain a lifestyle that's as independent as possible.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sycamore
- The Dekalb Voluntary Action Center operates Sycamore's public transit route, which offers half-price fares for seniors. They also have a Dial-a-Ride service that transports seniors door-to-door, making it easy to run errands. This service operates on a donation-only basis for seniors age 60 and over.
- The Sycamore area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kindred Hospital Sycamore, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Sycamore has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Kishwaukee Family YMCA, an organization that has exercise programs for active older adults including Zumba, yoga and pickleball, as well as one senior center.
- The cost of living in Sycamore is slightly lower than state and national averages. This could make finding budget-friendly prices on groceries and health care services easier for seniors.
- Illinois seniors can enjoy money from Social Security payments, pension income and retirement account withdrawals tax-free. This helps offset some of their assisted living costs.
- Sycamore’s crime rate is 39 percent lower than the Illinois average and 47 percent lower than the national average. The rate of violent crime is 85 percent lower than the state median and 82 percent lower than the national average, and the property crime rate is 29 percent lower than the state average and 41 percent lower than the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sycamore
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Sycamore start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sycamore and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sycamore
Illinois has an optional state supplement (OSS) program that helps low-income seniors and seniors receiving SSI payments pay monthly assisted living costs. There is also a Home and Community Based Services Waiver Program that may help offset the cost of assisted living services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sycamore
Sycamore and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sycamore, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sycamore
Sycamore-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sycamore
Review of Lincolnshire Place
Lincolnshire Place was great. The rooms were a nice size. It's very homelike and everybody seemed happy. The meals were homestyle and pretty decent. You have to call for outside transportation, but... Read more
Review of The Grand Victorian Sycamore
We really enjoyed and liked The Grand Victorian Sycamore. It's very homey and comfy. We're looking forward to having Mom move into there. They have some raised gardening beds there, activities, gam... Read more
Review of The Grand Victorian Sycamore
The Grand Victorian Sycamore was smaller and quieter than other places. The people seemed nice. However, it didn't have memory care. Once we found out that they didn't, we didn't even finish the tour. Read more