The 5 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Savoy, IL for 2023
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Savoy area, with 3 in Savoy and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 59 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Savoy. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Savoy 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mahomet with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Savoy, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Savoy, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Savoy
Savoy shares a border with Champaign and is also part of the Champaign metropolitan area. The population of Savoy has been growing rapidly since 1970, and its senior population of 16.1 percent is also slightly above the state average of 15.2 percent. The Savoy area has 14 assisted living facilities for seniors, with five in Savoy and another nine in surrounding cities like Champaign and Mahomet. The Illinois Department of Health regulates assisted living facilities in that state to ensure they are providing seniors help with daily living activities, including eating, grooming and medication reminders as well as providing a safe, secure environment 24 hours a day.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Savoy
- Savoy’s comfort rating is 40 on a scale of 1 to 100, largely because its climate is colder than the national average. The average low temperature in January is about 17 degrees, while the average high in July is about 85 degrees. Seniors in Savoy will find their outdoor activities somewhat restricted, especially in the winter.
- The overall cost of living in Savoy is less than two percent above the national average. Utilities are the highest essential expense at 14 percent above the nation average, so seniors on a budget will need to watch their heating bill in the winter. Healthcare is also more expensive in Savoy at eight percent above the national average.
- Savoy’s overall crime rate is 18.89 per thousand people per year, which is well below the average of 24.85 for Illinois. Property crimes are particularly low at 15.58, compared to the state average of 20.49. Seniors who take standard precautions shouldn’t have any particular concerns about crime in Savoy.
- The Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District provides public transportation in the Champaign metroplex, with routes 1 and 100 providing service to Savoy. Seniors 65 and over can ride for free with a DASH pass, which requires proof of age. Other passengers with disabilities may also qualify for a DASH pass.
- The Savoy Recreation Center has fitness facilities that include cardio and weight rooms, an indoor track and full-size gymnasium. The regular schedule includes over 30 classes per week. Seniors over 60 receive a substantial discount, and family and couple plans are also available.
- Savoy has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Champaign.
Paying for Assisted Living in Savoy
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Savoy start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Savoy and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Savoy
The Supportive Living Program is a Medicaid Waiver program in Illinois that provides assisted living for individuals 65 and over. This program also includes an optional state supplement for low-income seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Savoy
Savoy and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Savoy, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Savoy
Savoy-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Savoy
Review of Windsor of Savoy
The Windsor of Savoy is a small and resident-focused community. They are warm and engaging. They have activities that focus on the quality lifestyle and genuine interest in each resident as an indi... Read more
Review of Autumn Fields Savoy
The people at Autumn Fields Savoy all seemed nice. They had a lot of different activities. It just seemed like a nice area, but the rooms they had opened if we wanted to go there were right along t... Read more
Review of Savoy Villas of Holly Brook
I visited Savoy Villas of Holly Brook. The staff seemed friendly. It was a bigger building than the other one was, so there were more people that were there. They had a nice dining area. They had a... Read more