4 Assisted Living Facilities near Mahomet, IL
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mahomet area, with 2 in Mahomet and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mahomet is $3,090 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Urbana with an average starting cost of $2,470.
To help you with your search, browse the 25 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mahomet. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mahomet 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Gibson City with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mahomet, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Mahomet, IL
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Mahomet, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mahomet
Mahomet is a small village located in Central Illinois known for its beauty and small-town feel. It's home to two protected forest areas, as well as Lake of the Woods Golf Course. Of Mahomet's 8,500 residents, 9.7 percent are over the age of 65. Mahomet has two assisted living establishments, and another seven are located in the nearby areas of Champaign and Savoy. Assisted living in Illinois is regulated and licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mahomet
- Mahomet has extremely cold temperatures in the winter. The average low temperature in January is only 17 degrees, and an average of 20 inches of snow fall each year. By comparison, the U.S. average low temperature in January is 22.6.
- Although Mahomet has a fairly average cost of living when it comes to grocery, housing and transportation, the cost of health care is 8 percent higher than the national average cost. This will make living in the area unaffordable for many seniors.
- Transportation options in Mahomet are limited, meaning seniors may need to rely on family, friends or shuttle services offered by their assisted living establishment, which may be limited.
- The Mahomet area has few facilities to choose from in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Champaign.
- Seniors living in Mahomet are extremely safe. The area is safer than 92 percent of U.S. cities, and has a violent crime rate near zero. Only 3.82 property crimes per 1,000 citizens occur in Mahomet. By comparison, the state average is 20.49 per 1,000 residents.
- Illinois exempts retirement income such as pensions and Social Security checks from taxes. Seniors can use these savings to help pay for the cost of assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mahomet
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Mahomet start around $3,090 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mahomet and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mahomet
Illinois doesn't offer any Medicaid programs that help assisted living residents to pay for the cost of services. An Optional State Supplement is available to eligible residents that can be used to help pay the cost of room and board in assisted living establishments. Family supplementation is permitted, as well.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mahomet
Mahomet and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mahomet, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mahomet
Mahomet-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mahomet
Review of The Waterford at Bridle Brook
I preferred The Waterford at Bridle Brook because the others were quite large. I definitely would recommend them. It's a very friendly community, both the residents and the workers. When we moved i... Read more
Review of The Glenwood Assisted Living of Mahomet
Mother lived there for 8 yrs until she passed November 2018. I volunteered for the last 4 yrs even after she was gone. I did so because I wanted to bring some happiness to the dear people who liv... Read more
Review of The Glenwood Assisted Living of Mahomet
I love to visit this facility! It always smells warm and inviting. You should meet their staff! What sweet people live there and and work there!! It’s always alive with energy and fun activities. ... Read more