3 Assisted Living Facilities in Rantoul, IL
Also serving communities of Hoopeston, Danville.
The average cost of assisted living in Rantoul is $2,983 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rantoul. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rantoul 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mahomet with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rantoul, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Rantoul, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rantoul
Rantoul, Illinois is north of Champaign, which was the home to thousands of airmen stationed at Chanute Air Force base and training grounds during the mid-1900s. The population is 12,769, 12.8 percent of whom are aged 65 or older. Rantoul has three assisted living facilities (ALFs) that are licensed and regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health, with six other ALFs located in communities surrounding Rantoul.
Throughout Illinois, including Rantoul, ALFs must provide certain services to residents, including meals and assistance with basic household tasks.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rantoul
- The cost of living in Rantoul rates a 78, compared to the U.S. average of 100, which may enable seniors on a fixed income to spend more on healthcare. Groceries are 10 points below the national average. Housing is remarkably low at 39, so families may find it affordable to move to Rantoul to be near loved ones in an ALF.
- Rantoul's weather is temperately pleasant, with average summer highs in the upper-80s. Winter temperatures can drop as low as 16 degrees. The area receives about 40 inches of rain and 17 inches of snow annually, which might prevent relatives from visiting during winter.
- The violent crime rate of 76.4 in Rantoul — on a scale of 100 with 100 being highest — is more than twice as high as the national average of 31.1, and the property crime rate is 36.6, slightly lower than the U.S. average of 38.1. Families may want to check into the security safeguards that prospective ALFs have to protect residents.
- Rantoul is in Champaign County, which usually has low ozone levels and receives a grade of "B" for its air quality. Seniors with respiratory health ailments like asthma and lung cancer should note that occasional heavy particle pollution may worsen those conditions.
- Illinois has lenient tax policies for seniors, including exemption of all retirement income from state income taxes, including pensions, Social Security and retirement account withdrawals.
- Seniors may get a dose of local art and culture from various plays, exhibits and variety shows at the Rantoul Historical Society, the Museum of the Grand Prairie and the Rantoul Theater Group, which offers drama, comedy and musical live entertainment.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rantoul
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Rantoul start around $2,983 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rantoul and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rantoul
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rantoul
Rantoul and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rantoul, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rantoul
Rantoul-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rantoul
Review of Rantoul Villas and Reflections
My friend moved into Rantoul Villas and Reflections. She's loving it there. She's a very shy, keep to yourself kind of person, but she's out watching movies and doing tai chi; it's wonderful. It's ... Read more
Review of Eagle's View Supportive Living & Memory Care
Eagle's View Supportive Living & Memory Care was surprisingly very nice. It's an old building, but everything was set up wonderfully. The meals were actually done when you want them, there's no... Read more
Review of Brookstone Estates Rantoul
Brookstone Estates Rantoul was not very clean. We were there for around half an hour before we found any employees. We saw a very small dining area and we saw an area where you can do puzzles; that... Read more