10 Assisted Living Facilities near Bloomington, IL
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bloomington area, with 7 in Bloomington and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bloomington is $3,164 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Gibson City with an average starting cost of $3,065.
To help you with your search, browse the 31 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bloomington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bloomington 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Normal with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Bloomington find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bloomington, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Bloomington, IL
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Bloomington, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bloomington
Bloomington, population 78,292, is located in central Illinois and is the county seat of McLean County, Illinois. The city has a vibrant arts and cultural scene and offers many types of entertainment options. Assisted living establishments in Bloomington are defined as residences that provides services for at least three unrelated residents. These facilities are to provide single-occupancy housing for their residents, unless they choose to share accomodations. The Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Assisted Living regulates and licenses assisted living facilities in Bloomington.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bloomington
- Seniors should be aware that Bloomington has a higher violent crime rate than the national average. However, the city's property crime rate is lower than the U.S. average. Bloomington crime rates, for both violent crime and property crime, are considerably higher than the averages of the state of Illinois.
- Summers in Bloomington are great for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities, but its winters can be harsh. With a January low of 17 degrees Fahrenheit, it is not the place for seniors who prefer warm weather.
- The air quality in Bloomington is 63, on a scale of 1, being the worst, to 100. This is important to note, especially for seniors who suffer from respiratory ailments, such as asthma and COPD.
- Bloomington has a higher sales tax rate than the U.S. average but a slightly lower income tax rate than the nation. The state of Illinois exempts almost all retirement income from taxation, including Social Security retirement benefits, pension income and retirement savings account income.
- Bloomington has an array of community resources of seniors, including the Miller Park Adult Center is an organization that provides a gathering place for seniors to socialize and enjoy classes designed for them, as well the Activity and Recreation Center (ARC) in nearby Normal, Illinois.
- The Bloomington area is home to world-class medical facilities, such as OSF St. Joseph Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bloomington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Bloomington start around $3,164 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bloomington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bloomington
In Illinois, Medicaid does not pay for resident services in assisted living establishments. The Medicaid 1915(c) Waiver, called the Supported Living Program, and the 1915(b) Waiver, called the Managed Long-Term Services and Supports Program, are available for residents who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bloomington
Bloomington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bloomington, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bloomington
Bloomington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Bloomington, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bloomington
Review of Bloomington Towanda Barnes Villas and Reflections
We visited Bloomington Towanda Barnes Villas and Reflections. My mom is very particular, and she's very impressed. It's brand-new and has all the features. She knows some people there. Kathy was th... Read more
Review of Westminster Village
We visited Westminster Village Bloomington. It's been there for quite a while, but they're remodeling and adding stuff. It's a convenient community although my mom wasn't really impressed with the ... Read more
Review of Bloomington Towanda Barnes Villas and Reflections
Everything has been excellent at Bloomington Towanda Barnes Villas and Reflections. My mother-in-law's room is very clean. It has exceeded our expectations. They come in, clean weekly, and do what ... Read more