2 Assisted Living Facilities in Robinson, IL
The average cost of assisted living in Robinson is $2,563 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Olney with an average starting cost of $2,275.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Robinson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Robinson 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Robinson, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Robinson
Robinson, Illinois, is the home of the late “From Here to Eternity” author, James Jones, and the Heath candy bar. The city invites people to come and create their own memories, something the city’s 1,259 seniors can do when visiting area parks, shops, golf courses and eateries. There are two assisted living facilities located within Robinson to support those seniors who may need extra help with daily living activities.
In Robinson, and throughout Illinois, assisted living facilities are called assisted living establishments, shared housing establishments, sheltered care facilities or supportive living facilities depending on the level of care they provide and the number of seniors they house. The Illinois Department of Public Health governs all of these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Robinson
- Illinois does not tax seniors on Social Security benefits, pensions or retirement savings account withdrawals, which might equate to more money for assisted living expenses for Robinson seniors.
- Safety-conscious seniors can feel comfortable in Robinson. The city has a violent crime rate of 21.9 and a property crime rate of 27.5, both lower than the corresponding U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- The Robinson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Crawford Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Robinson’s overall cost of living is 75.5, lower than both the state average of 101.5 and the national average of 100. Despite the lower cost of living in the area, seniors can expect to pay more for groceries and healthcare, which are both higher than the state and national averages at 101.7 and 114.6, something that could drive up facility costs in the city.
- On a scale from 1 to 100 (best), Robinson has an air quality rating of 59, slightly higher than the U.S. average of 58. Seniors with severe respiratory issues might want to consider air quality when choosing a city for their retirement.
- The climate in Robinson is warm in the summer with July highs of 87 degrees and colder in the winter with January lows of 21. The city gets 43 inches of rain and 11 inches of snow each year, which might pose difficulties for seniors who rely on mobility aids. Despite all of the precipitation, the city still gets 201 sunny days each year, only four less than the national average, which may be good news to seniors who enjoy spending their days outside.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Robinson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Robinson start around $2,563 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Robinson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Robinson
Robinson seniors who need help paying for assisted living costs may be able to get support from Illinois’ Medicaid waiver, the HCBS Waiver for Supportive Living Facilities. Applicants must meet financial requirements.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Robinson
Robinson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Robinson, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Robinson
Robinson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Robinson
Review of Brookstone Estates Robinson
My grandma moved to this facility after my grandpa passed away. She had shown early stages of memory problems, but was still full functioning. My family and I feared for her to live alone in her ... Read more