2 Assisted Living Facilities in Buhl, ID
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Buhl. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Buhl 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Buhl, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Buhl, ID
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Buhl
Buhl is a small city with a population of about 4,200 found on the old Oregon Trail in the western region of Twin Falls County, Idaho. Of the county’s 86,000 residents, approximately 15% are aged 65 and older. When Buhl seniors find they are having trouble with dressing, bathing, meal prep and caring for a home, they have two assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Buhl to turn to. Twin Falls County provides eight additional communities.
In Buhl as in the entire state, the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare licenses and regulates assisted living communities, also called residential care facilities (RCFs), that house three or more seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Buhl
- Budget-conscious seniors enjoy a relatively low cost of living in Buhl. They pay less than the U.S. average for housing, utilities, transportation and healthcare. The overall cost of living in Buhl is about 13% lower than the national average.
- The Buhl area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Luke’s Jerome, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors looking for a comfortable year-round climate should know Sperling’s gives Buhl a relatively high score of 70 out of 100 on its comfort index. This is due to lower rain and snowfall than the national average as well as 216 sunny days per year.
- Social Security retirement benefits aren’t taxed in Idaho, an advantage for seniors residing in Buhl. The state imposes no inheritance or estate taxes, which is also beneficial.
- Security-conscious seniors may be pleased to know that Buhl has violent and property crime rates below the U.S. averages. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 representing high violent crime, Buhl rates a 17.2, compared to the U.S. average of 22.7. Property crime in Buhl ranks 28.3 versus the national average of 35.4.
- The Buhl area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the West End Senior Center, which provides essential services and activities, such as meal and exercise programs and occasional trips.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Buhl
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Buhl start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Buhl and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Buhl
Idaho seniors have three programs that may help them cover the cost of assisted living. These include the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver through Medicaid, the Personal Care Services (PCS) Medicaid program, and The Aid for Aged, Blind and Disabled program, which provides cash assistance to eligible individuals.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Buhl
Buhl and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Buhl, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Buhl
Buhl-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Buhl
Review of Evergreen Place
Evergreen is a 15-bed unit assisted living facility. The owner is very interactive and very hands on with the things going in the facility and that is really nice. Read more
Review of River Rock
If we would put mom in a facility, we would put her at River Rock Assisted Living. It's a really nice facility and very nicely laid out. The rooms were actually large and very bright. They have big... Read more