160 Assisted Living Facilities near Pembroke Park, FL
There are 160 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pembroke Park area, with 1 in Pembroke Park and 159 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 434 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pembroke Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pembroke Park 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hallandale Beach with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pembroke Park, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pembroke Park, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pembroke Park
Considered one of the best places to retire in Broward County, Pembroke Park is a small town along Interstate 95 approximately 20 minutes north of Miami and just to the west of the Atlantic coast. Seniors looking for an assisted living facility close to the ocean in Pembroke Park will find one home within the town limits and 49 close by in cities like Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood.
All assisted living facilities in Pembroke Park and the state of Florida are regulated by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation. These facilities offer assistance with medication administration and various other personal care tasks. Those that provide general personal care operate under a standard license, while homes that provide limited nursing services and extended congregate care operate under a specialty license.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pembroke Park
- Pembroke Park has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Hollywood.
- Pembroke Park has an array of community resources for seniors, including Feeding South Florida, an organization that makes sure low-income seniors have groceries and medication as well as at least one senior center.
- Getting around Pembroke Park is possible for seniors through the Broward County Transportation system. The shared buses offer rides to and from healthcare facilities and nutrition sites. Individuals with disabilities may request door-to-door services through the ADA Paratransit service.
- Pembroke Park has a tropical climate with hot and humid summers with highs around 90. Winters are mild and sunny with January lows around 59 degrees. This makes Pembroke Park an excellent location for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities.
- Crime is a concern for seniors living in the area. Overall, crime in Pembroke Park is 82 percent higher than the rest of the state and 102 percent higher than the national average.
- For seniors on a budget, the cost of living in Pembroke Park is rated 107, which is higher than the national average of 100. It is slightly lower than the state's average of 111.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pembroke Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Pembroke Park start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pembroke Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pembroke Park
Seniors may apply for help to pay for an assisted living facility through the statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program. Only facilities with a standard license and private and semi-private rooms may participate in the program. Eligibility is determined by the Department of Children and Family Services. The state also covers services in assisted living facilities and adult family homes under a Medicaid State Plan called Assistive Care Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pembroke Park
Pembroke Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pembroke Park, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pembroke Park
Pembroke Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Pembroke Park, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pembroke Park
Review of The Peninsula
My mother is at The Peninsula. It's a five-story building, very much like a hotel, and they only have semi-private rooms. They have a dining hall, activities, a nurses' station, and a memory care s... Read more
Review of The Peninsula
The Peninsula was older than the other places we've visited. The people who accommodated the tour were quite nice and pleasant. And when it came down to negotiating, they were okay. But since the b... Read more
Review of The Peninsula
My visit to The Peninsula was fine. The rooms were not bad, but they didn't have porches, which was what I was looking for. The staff seemed very friendly and helpful. Read more