No results near Maricopa, AZ
There are 0 Assisted Living Facilities in the Maricopa area.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Maricopa, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Maricopa
Maricopa is located in the Gila River Valley and features a casino, golf club, and museums for seniors to enjoy when not relaxing at their assisted living communities. In Maricopa County, as in the rest of Arizona, assisted living facilities (ALFs) are licensed by the Division of Public Health Licensing Services, Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing. They include adult foster care (AFC) homes for up to four people in a caregiver's home, assisted living homes of up to 10 people, and assisted living centers that care for 11 or more people. There are two assisted living facilities in the Maricopa area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Maricopa
- Maricopa County has mostly sunny weather, with July averages of 92 degrees. Winters are cooler and December temperatures average 51 degrees. The most rainfall occurs in September with 28.8 inches. Cooler months are the best time for residents to plan day trips with family members.
- The air quality index in Maricopa is less than ideal at 48 percent worse than the national average. However, the pollution index is 19 percent better than the country's average metro pollution rates.
- The cost of living index in Maricopa County is 96, or 2 percent lower than the state average for Arizona and 4 percent lower than the U.S. average. The cost of living index is made up of several categories, mainly goods and services (33 percent), housing (30 percent) and groceries at (13 percent), so seniors expect to pay less on these costs than in other parts of the U.S.
- Arizona seniors don't pay tax on their Social Security benefits, but retirement income and pensions are taxable. There is a personal exemption for those over 65. This income tax benefit can be used to offset assisted living costs.
- Crime in Maricopa County is 47 percent lower than the U.S. average, and the county is 62 percent safer than the rest of the country, which is good news for seniors concerned about safety.
- Seniors seeking transportation for appointments, errands and personal outings can contact North West Valley Connect for a ride. Subsidized rides are available to some disabled and low-income residents.
Paying for Assisted Living in Maricopa
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Maricopa start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Maricopa and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Maricopa
Visit the Arizona Long-Term Care System (ALTCS) online to learn about a program designed to provide services to seniors. Seniors living in assisted living homes in Maricopa County, AZ, can participate in a financial assistance program based on individual needs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Maricopa
Maricopa and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Maricopa, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Maricopa
Maricopa-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.