13 Assisted Living Facilities in Montgomery, AL
Also serving communities of Wetumpka.
The average cost of assisted living in Montgomery is $2,751 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 35 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Montgomery. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Montgomery 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Montgomery, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Montgomery, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Montgomery
The capital of Alabama, Montgomery, is called the "Capital of Dreams" for its forwarding thinking approach to development. The city is home to almost 200,000 people, 12 percent ages 65 and over. To support this group, Montgomery has 11 assisted living facilities with five more nearby. An assisted living facility in the state provides residential and personal care to at least two people who need help with the activities of daily living. Assisted living facilities in Montgomery, and all of Alabama, are licensed by the Department of Public Health, Bureau of Health Provider Standards.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Montgomery
- The cost of living in Montgomery is 8 percent lower than the national average. That makes it one of the more affordable cities in the United States.
- The air quality is pretty good. Montgomery ranks at the top for the cleanest air when it comes to 24-hour particle pollution. Plus, Montgomery ranks in the top half among U.S. cities for the cleanest air annually.
- The city's crime rate can be cause for concern because Montgomery is safer than just 5 percent of U.S. cities. On the other hand, some neighborhoods are safer than others.
- The M public transit system offers discount fares for senior citizens, and senior citizens with a valid ID pay $25 for unlimited rides in that time period.
- The weather ranks better than U.S. norms in many categories. Montgomery averages 211 sunny days yearly compared with 205 for the country as a whole. In addition, it ranks 64 on the comfort index, higher than the U.S. average of 54. Montgomery does have its share of days with excessive humidity and high temperatures.
- Montgomery boasts a diverse mix of artistic and cultural experiences. Offerings include the Hank Williams Museum, the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts and the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. Other sites include the Alabama State Capitol and the Rosa Parks Library and Museum.
Paying for Assisted Living in Montgomery
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Montgomery start around $2,858 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Montgomery and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Montgomery
The Alabama Department of Senior Services has multiple programs to help senior citizens learn about financial assistance they might qualify for. Retired veterans and disabled seniors are often eligible for a significant amount of help.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Montgomery
Montgomery and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Montgomery, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Montgomery
Montgomery-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Montgomery, AL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Montgomery
Review of Wesley Gardens Retirement Community
Wesley Gardens was extremely well cared for. The staff was very knowledgeable and appeared very qualified to be in their different positions. They had a great activities person, they had good food,... Read more
Review of Oak Grove Inn
I went to see the assisted living facility of Oak Grove Inn. It was excellent. It had lovely dining accommodations. Everyone seemed to be very happy there. I think the management was very good. The... Read more
Review of The Crossings at Eastchase
Wonderful facility. One of the biggest facilities I have toured. Everyone in the staff was beyond helpful and friendly. Even the residents I met were wonderful. I was immediately greeted by a lovel... Read more