1 Assisted Living Facility in Enterprise, AL
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Enterprise, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Enterprise
Enterprise, Alabama is called "The City of Progress" as it has experienced economic and population growth over the years and it celebrates its past while progressing forward. Seniors, 14 percent of the city's population of about 28,000, will find art, history and agriculture to be highlights of the town. There are two assisted living facilities in Enterprise for aging adults in need of help with daily tasks such grooming, house keeping and medication management. These facilities also provide 24 hour supervision by trained staff.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Enterprise
- Seniors may find living in Enterprise to be affordable. The cost of living is 86.5, which is lower than the United States average of 100. Factors that determine this ranking include housing, groceries, healthcare, utilities, transportation and miscellaneous expenses.
- Enterprise has approximately 212 sunny days each year, which exceeds the national average of 205. The city ranks 67 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index.
- The city of Enterprise has a vibrant arts and culture scene for seniors to enjoy. The Coffee County Arts Alliance features everything from orchestras to off-Broadway plays, while the Enterprise Depot Museum houses a treasure trove of historic artifacts.
- The air quality in Enterprise is ranked by BestPlaces as poorer than the national average. The city’s air quality rating is 51 out of a possible 100; the U.S. average is 58.
- Purchases in Enterprise may be comparatively more expensive than other cities. The sales tax rate in Enterprise is 9 percent, while the national average is 6 percent.
- Enterprise has a property crime rate of 47.0, which is higher than the U.S. average of 38.1. Violent crime is also slightly elevated, with a ranking of 35.5 as compared to the national ranking of 31.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Enterprise
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Enterprise start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Enterprise and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Enterprise
There are no Alabama Medicaid programs that help cover assisted living costs in Enterprise; however, there are waivers and other programs for seniors who require skilled nursing care. Alabama does offer various programs via the Alabama Department of Senior Services that may help seniors cut costs in other areas, such as prescriptions and health care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Enterprise
Enterprise and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Enterprise, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Enterprise
Enterprise-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.