4 Assisted Living Facilities near Bonifay, FL
Also serving communities of Caryville, Vernon, Graceville.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bonifay area, with 3 in Bonifay and 1 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bonifay, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Bonifay, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bonifay
Bonifay is a small town located in the northwest region of Florida. The city was incorporated in 1921, and it serves as the county seat for Holmes County. The city has roughly 2,800 residents, nearly 600 of whom are seniors aged 65 and over.
Bonifay seniors who need assistance with some activities of daily living may choose to move to an assisted living facility. Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration licenses several different types of assisted living facilities in the Bonifay region, including standard homes, limited nursing services facilities and extended congregate care. There are four assisted living facilities in the Bonifay region, including three in the city proper and one in the neighboring city of Caryville.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bonifay
- Bonifay's overall cost of living is about 23% lower than the national average and 34% below the statewide average. The cost of housing is particularly low at 68% below the national median and 86% lower than the statewide median, which may result in low assisted living expenses.
- Bonifay ranks among the hottest cities in the state with summer highs reaching an average of 92 degrees. Humidity levels in the summer tend to be high, which may be a consideration for seniors who have conditions like COPD. Winters are mild with lows in the upper-30s, and the city rarely receives snow.
- Bonifay's crime rate is low compared to the national average, which may be good news for seniors who enjoy being out alone in the community. On a 100-point crime index, the city's violent crime rate is nearly five points below the national average, and the property crime rate is about 14 points below the national average.
- Seniors with respiratory illnesses can breathe easy in the Bonifay region, where the American Lung Association report very low levels of ozone pollution.
- The Bonifay area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Doctors Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Florida has no state income tax, meaning that retirees in Bonifay keep all of their retirement income, regardless of its source.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bonifay
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Bonifay start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bonifay and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bonifay
Florida covers assisted living services for qualifying seniors in Bonifay through three programs, including the 1915(b)(c) Managed Long-Term Care program, Medicaid Assistive Care Services and Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bonifay
Bonifay and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bonifay, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bonifay
Bonifay-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.