8 Assisted Living Facilities near Panama City, FL
Also serving communities of Port Saint Joe.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Panama City area, with 7 in Panama City and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Panama City is $4,675 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 41 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Panama City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Panama City 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Panama City Beach with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Panama City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Panama City, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Panama City
Panama City is located in Bay County, Florida. Seniors have a choice of relaxing on white sand beaches overlooking the Gulf of Mexico or St. Andrew's Bay, which is nearby. They may also enjoy guided dolphin watching and restaurants with waterfront views and live music.
Assisted living facilities in Panama City are regulated by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). In Florida. AFLs must offer residents assistance or supervision for daily tasks for at least six days a week and no less than 12 hours a day. There are eight facilities located within Panama City and one nearby in Lynn Haven.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Panama City
- The Panama City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies of illness.
- Panama City has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Bay County Council on Aging, which provides Meals on Wheels, fellowship centers and a caregiver support program, as well as four senior centers.
- The average summer high is Panama City is around 90 degrees, and the temperature in the winter rarely drops below 40, which makes this an excellent area to retire. The area typically receives no snow in the winter but does get an above-average amount of rain throughout the year.
- The cost of living in Panama City is lower than other comparable cities in the United States and within the state of Florida. This is ideal for seniors on a budget or those with limited means.
- According to the American Lung Association, the air quality in Panama City and the Bay area is better than many other cities in the state and region. This is important for seniors with respiratory illnesses looking for a place to live.
- The Bay County Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan (FDOT) provides transportation services to the elderly who do not drive or those without adequate access to other transportation services. Also referred to as Find a Ride, this service provides rides to medical appointments, shopping trips or sightseeing.
Paying for Assisted Living in Panama City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Panama City start around $4,675 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Panama City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Panama City
Seniors who require financial assistance for AFLs within Florida and Panama City may be eligible for assistance through the Statewide Managed Medicaid Care Long-Term Care program. The Option State Supplement (OSS) is also available. Both of these financial assistance programs as designed for low-income individuals living in residential care facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Panama City
Panama City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Panama City, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Panama City
Panama City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Panama City, FL
Other Options in Panama City, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Panama City
Review of Mathison Retirement Community
The people at Mathison Retirement Community are very happy, so it makes me happy when I'm there. I have a friend who moved out from a big house to live there and she loves it. So that makes me feel... Read more
Review of BeeHive Homes of Lynn Haven
My father is in BeeHive Homes of Lynn Haven. It's been excellent. It's a 20-room facility, and it's clean, everybody has their own room, and they have adequate staff. They will come in and talk to ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Panama City
We would probably use Brookdale Panama City because it's the one closest to home. It was a really nice place. The sizes of the rooms were nice and they had just about everything we want. Read more