Brookdale Panama City

2575 Harrison Avenue, Panama City, FL 32405
Brookdale Panama City (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 11 days

Seasons change, but your rates don't have to. Move in by December 17, 2021, and lock in your monthly rate until 2023. Plus, get $1,000 per month off your first three months! Restrictions apply; ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Panama City

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Panama City

March 27, 2015

By vagabond701

My mom was in Sterling House for 18 months. Their cleaning of the room was very much lacking. We sometime had to ring the emergency buzzer several times to get assistance. We had to hire sitters to watch my mom as they just didn't do the job at all of watching her. The Nurseing staff is week at best in my opinion. The night crew is very limited and needs to be checked into as they were very limited in timely response to problems. It is apparently a $ issue to keep their crew at a minimum number to help the patients. Nothing seems to matter to them except the almighty $! There were many issues during the 18 months mom was there to include stopped up shower drains which took 2 days to get it fixed only after it started to run out on the carpet in the main room. Never was the room dusted except when my sister or I did it. To get the floor vacuumed was like pullin teeth. I could go on and on but I think you get the message.

We are committed to our residents care as well as our scheduled cleaning of apartments and address all maintenance issues as they occur.

December 19, 2014

By Patrick14

I went to Sterling House -- which was a very nice facility -- and their maintenance was very good. The staff were all very helpful. A lady tried to keep in touch with telephone calls and emails, and I was very impressed. The rooms and the dining facility were very nice.

October 16, 2014

Sterling House has a good nursing staff. They are very competent and very friendly, and they seem very compassionate. They have a lot of recreational things for the residents. They have a safe environment. There are safety features in each room like call buttons and grab bars. The rooms are excellent and very clean. My parents are very happy with it. They’re not happy to be away from home, but happy that it’s a good environment.

April 22, 2014

Everything in Sterling House, like the rooms and the staff, was very nice. What stood out was their cleanliness.

September 26, 2013

By Reynold1

I am working to get my wife into Sterling House of Panama City right now. I like the fact that they have other people there that can interact with her. They also have 24-hour coverage. They seemed like they have good meal preparation and they have activities for the residents. They facility is a pretty nice place, but the apartments are expensive. They have four different apartment sizes and you can choose to have a smaller or a larger one.

August 28, 2013

By Largie

I visited Sterling House. This facility was nice and clean. I saw one of their rooms for one person and they were small. They were as big as a small bedroom when you're in a house.

August 27, 2013

By Joanne13

My mom has just moved in a facility called Sterling House. The place is all right. It is clean. It is a place for memory impaired individuals and also for those needing regular assisted living. They have them mixed together and they're not separated, which is good, I think. They have plenty of staff there and they are very helpful. They were helpful in getting my mom over there. With regards to amenities, because my mom is memory impaired, she really isn't able to enjoy any of them so far.

November 01, 2012

Sterling House seems very nice. It's about an hour from where I live. The people were nice. and there's a lot of activities there. The staff was very helpful to me.

May 15, 2012

By Carn

From what I can remember, the nursing home was always very clean and helpful in terms of my grandmother. However, she used to complain about the quality of food at times, and the activities they held on a weekly basis.

Questions about Brookdale Panama City

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Panama City. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

With an average age of 87,most of BP’s population radiates a young-at-heart vibe. Walking club is often accompanied by upbeat jams and impromptu dance sessions. Some other favorite activities include shopping, exploring the city, hosting parties, and the ever-competitive Quarter BINGO. Friendships become family, and when age slows one of our residents down, they are still embraced as valued members of the community.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Panama City offer to enrich residents' well-being?

BP offers activities for all levels of engagement. In addition to daily fitness opportunities, residents are offered multiple opportunities to enjoy church services, musical entertainment, outings (including out of state), memory & brain stimulation, holiday celebrations, and times to be involved independently in parallel with others. Residents that enjoy working alone may stop by the Gallery or Activities Room and bring items back to their apartments. BP frequently partners with local groups to bring a variety of entertainment to the community.

What places are near Brookdale Panama City or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Nothing by foot, safely, we are local to shopping, dining and entertainment

What transportation services does Brookdale Panama City offer to assisted living residents?

The community’s wheelchair accessible bus is often on the move, transporting residents to and from activities & outings, as well as to individual scheduled doctor’s appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Residents that drive and own a vehicle may park it anywhere in the community’s parking lot. If needed, the community also assists residents in coordinating with 3rd party transportation (taxi, Lyft/Uber).

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Panama City exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Residents can expect a nutritious, well-balanced menu that includes food from all walks of life, which THEY help design. Seasonal or local tastes, family traditions, special memories, or holidays are all incorporated as part of the dining experience. Our menus are approved by a dietician with the aging adult in mind. Residents have multiple outlets to share ideas for new or different menu options, in a way that they are comfortable with, including Menu Chat Meetings, the Resident Suggestion binder, comment cards, and directly with staff. Our Dining Service Coordinator leads a strong culinary team that understand the importance of food safety, honoring resident preference, offering a variety of options, and being open to feedback & making adjustments. Everyone in BP’s dietary department are Certified Food Protection Managers

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Panama City offer to assisted living residents?

Community safety is one of the top priorities at BP. We prepare physically and mentally for situations that may arise. Multiple emergency pull cords are located in all of the apartments, as well as strategically around the community. Pendants (necklaces or bracelets) are offered but not required. Exit doors have a primary and secondary security system. We detect for both smoke & carbon monoxide and our fire systems are monitored by a 3rd party for the quickest response if ever needed. Due to our geographic location, we maintain preparations for natural disasters year-round. All associates are routinely in-serviced and trained for real life situations, to ensure that when time is of the essence, staff respond rather than react.

How does Brookdale Panama City keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Open communication with calls from community as needed, scheduled and impromptu family meetings, emails to families en masse for upcoming events or community updates, and texts & emails with ED and HWD if family’s preference.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Panama City during daytime and nighttime hours?

Brookdale staffs to the direct needs of our residents. Every resident receives an individualized care plan that provides detailed information about the care needs of the resident. This system collectively provides the amount of staffing needed to provide the best care for our residents. This always meets the state regulations and most often exceeds the recommendation of state.

If Brookdale Panama City accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

All, we are extremely pet friendly and offer a secure courtyard area for free play

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

In addition to the extensive training that associates receive prior to beginning their journeys with BP, they also receive ongoing monthly training that focuses on aging adults, safety, dementias, and other relevant topics. Associates collaborate with community leadership to ensure that the specific needs of the community’s current resident population are addressed.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Panama City provide to protect residents who wander?

Since we have a secure interior, we are able to allow residents to freely move about the building with a watchful eye

Photos of Brookdale Panama City

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: 9293
  • State Licenses: AL9293

About Brookdale Panama City

Brookdale Panama City provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

The Sterling House in Panama City has a dual license; an assisted living license along with a limited nursing service license. This means our residents can age in place far longer here than any other assisted living communities in the area.

Map of Brookdale Panama City