6 Assisted Living Facilities near Lynn Haven, FL
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lynn Haven area, with 1 in Lynn Haven and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 29 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lynn Haven. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lynn Haven 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Panama City with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lynn Haven, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lynn Haven, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lynn Haven
Lynn Haven, Florida was founded by Union veterans, who are honored by the large Union Soldier statue in Monument Park. Seniors can explore Lynn Haven for the rich history, and have one assisted living facility (ALF) in town, with seven in the surrounding area. Florida ALFs exist to provide residential services and 24-hour supervision to senior residents. The licensing and regulation of these communities are controlled by the Florida Health Care Association.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lynn Haven
- Lynn Haven gets 61 inches of annual rain, no snow and 239 sunny days per year. The July average high is hot and humid at 91 degrees. Seniors who hate the cold can stay active in the mild winter which averages a low of 41 in January. The threat of hurricanes could be a concern for some seniors.
- The Lynn Haven area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors with a respiratory illness or asthma can enjoy the fresh air in Bay County. The American Lung Association gave this area an excellent ozone rating of A.
- Seniors in Lynn Haven can explore their neighborhood and feel secure due to the lower rate of violent crime which is 28.7 out of 100 (1 being safest) compared to the U. S. average of 31.1. Property crime, on the other hand, is 44.8 versus the nation’s 38.1 average which may be a concern for property owners.
- The Bay Metropolitan Transportation Authority offers discounted fares for seniors in the area, making it easier for them to get around and go shopping, run errands or go to appointments.
- Seniors in Lynn Haven are situated just outside of bustling Panama City. With 27 miles of beaches and award-winning golf courses such as the Hombre Golf Club, seniors can relax and enjoy their leisure time. The city offers special appreciation for part-time residents and seniors including an annual Senior Prom.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lynn Haven
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lynn Haven start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lynn Haven and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lynn Haven
Senior Medicaid recipients in Florida can receive financial help covering assisted living costs through the state-wide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program. The state also provides non-Medicaid assistance through the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lynn Haven
Lynn Haven and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lynn Haven, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lynn Haven
Lynn Haven-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lynn Haven, FL
Other Options in Lynn Haven, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lynn Haven
Review of Summer's Landing
We are happy with Summers Landing, its very adequate, the dining room is nice, and the meals are good. They have a beauty shop on the premises where my relative can get a haircut, they have a van... Read more
Review of Summer's Landing
My mother moved into Summer's Landing. It's a decent place for a good price, and it's a lot cheaper than some of the other places. The people there are really helpful and nice. It didn't have any o... Read more
Review of Summer's Landing
Nice people very friendly had some renovations going on, looks like they were in the process of fixing it up so my rating on the facilities has to do with what is to come. I did not try the food bu... Read more