3 Assisted Living Facilities near Blountstown, FL
Also serving communities of Bristol, Carrabelle.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Blountstown area, with 2 in Blountstown and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Blountstown.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Blountstown, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Blountstown, FL
1 Assisted Living Facility near Blountstown, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Blountstown
Almost a quarter of the population is aged 65 and older and seniors can find accommodation in one of the three assisted living facilities in Blountstown and nearby communities. These facilities are monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration and may have a Standard or Specialty license depending on the type of care they provide.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Blountstown
- Calhoun County Transit offers transportation to residents of Blountstown who are Medicaid recipients or transportation disadvantaged. Some seniors may be eligible for the service which has a reservation system and provides transport to appointments as well as shopping on scheduled days.
- The Blountstown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Calhoun Liberty Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Blountstown has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Calhoun County Senior Citizens Association, an organization that offers meals, respite care, education and other services to seniors well as more than two senior centers.
- The overall cost of living in Blountstown is rated 79 on the Sperling index, 21 points lower than the national average. This is mainly due to the low cost of housing and many everyday expenses in the city are more expensive than the U.S. average. Seniors with regular healthcare expenses may find their budgets impacted by high healthcare costs which are rated 21 points higher than the national average.
- There is no state income tax in Florida so seniors can keep their tax bills low. The average sales tax in the state is close to the national average which also helps seniors who are on a fixed income.
- Seniors wanting to retire to a warm climate may appreciate Blountstown's mild winters. The city doesn't get any snow and the average low temperature in January is 39 degrees. In July the average high is 89 and the city enjoys 239 sunny days each year, 34 more than the national average, which gives seniors plenty of time to enjoy the Florida sunshine.
Paying for Assisted Living in Blountstown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Blountstown start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Blountstown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Blountstown
Blountstown seniors who receive income from Social Security may be eligible for additional funding through the Optional State Supplement. Those in assisted living may also be able to access financial assistance through the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Blountstown
Blountstown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Blountstown, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Blountstown
Blountstown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.