14 Assisted Living Facilities in Tallahassee, FL
Also serving communities of Havana, Monticello.
The average cost of assisted living in Tallahassee is $3,783 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Cantonment with an average starting cost of $3,589.
To help you with your search, browse the 110 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tallahassee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tallahassee 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cairo with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 23 families in Tallahassee find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tallahassee, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Tallahassee, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tallahassee
Located in the Florida Panhandle, Tallahassee is the state capital and the main center for trade and agriculture in the Florida Big Bend region. There are 11 assisted living facilities in Tallahassee for seniors — just under 10 percent of the population. Assisted living facilities in Tallahassee, and all of Florida, hold at least a standard license which allows them to provide seniors with meals and assistance with daily tasks such as personal hygiene, dressing and taking medication. Some communities have special licenses and may offer additional health care services for seniors who require more supervision or aid.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tallahassee
- Tallahassee is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- Tallahassee's summers are long with average high temperatures between 80 and 92 degrees during 7 months of the year. The average low temperature in the winter months drops to about 40 degrees, but daytime temps still reach the 60s and 70s frequently. Tallahassee's yearly rainfall totals are about 50 percent higher than the national average.
- With 9 incidents of violent crime per 1,000 residents per year, Tallahassee's crime rate is more than double the Florida and national averages.
- Seniors on a fixed income may appreciate Florida's lack of income tax. The state does not impose a tax on social security benefits or pensions so you could find extra breathing room in your budget.
- In addition to fewer taxes, Tallahassee residents enjoy a cost of living that's 5.5 percent lower than the national average and 6.5 percent lower than the rest of the state.
- Tallahassee's StarMetro public transportation system offers seniors age 60 or older reduced rates of up to 50 percent off regular bus fares. With 18 different weekday routes, seniors can easily travel the city for errands and activities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tallahassee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Tallahassee start around $3,783 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tallahassee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tallahassee
Florida's Medicaid Long-term Care (MLTC) and Assistive Care Services programs can help qualified seniors pay for the cost of services at an assisted living facility. Neither program covers room and board fees, but the MLTC plan does negotiate those rates with providers.
Seniors receiving Federal SSI benefits can also take advantage of Florida's optional state supplementation to help with long-term care costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tallahassee
Tallahassee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tallahassee, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tallahassee
Tallahassee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Tallahassee, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tallahassee
Review of Elmcroft of Tallahassee
I like the attentiveness at Elmcroft of Tallahassee. The people were really friendly and nice, and they answered the questions that we've asked. I like the layout of the place as well. It was assis... Read more
Review of The Grove at Canopy
My mother has been at The Grove at Canopy for a couple of months now. It's new, it's beautiful, and they have a lot of staff, which is really important. The food is wonderful, and my mother is very... Read more
Review of The Grove at Canopy
My friend is staying at The Grove in Tallahassee. I have been up there several times, and it's a nice place. The only thing negative that I can say about it would be the fact that she does not se... Read more