7 Assisted Living Facilities near Adel, GA
Also serving communities of Nashville.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Adel area, with 3 in Adel and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Adel. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Adel 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sparks with an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Adel, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Adel, GA
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Adel, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Adel
In the small and quiet town of Adel, which was originally named Puddleville before paved roads, 16.3% of the 5,300 residents are aged 65 and over. The seniors in this community who require assistance with daily tasks have access to three assisted living facilities in the town limits and four facilities nearby. Georgia officially recognizes these facilities in Adel and other cities as Assisted Living Communities and Personal Care Homes. They are licensed and regulated by the state's Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Adel
- Seniors may be able to find more affordable assisted living in Adel than in many other parts of Georgia and the United States. The cost of living here is 19.6% lower than the national average of 100 and 19.9% lower than the state average of 100.3.
- Georgia may be able to make assisted living in Adel more affordable with its friendly tax policies for seniors. There is no tax on income from Social Security, and all other retirement income, including public and private pensions, receives a $65,000 deduction per person for residents aged 65 and over.
- Seniors concerned about criminal activity in their community may not feel safe in Adel since the town's violent crime rate is two points above the national average of 22.7, and the property crime rate is 33.6 points above the national average of 35.4. The index is on a scale of 100, though, with 100 representing high crime.
- Adel has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Adel-Cook County Recreation Department, an organization that offers games, social programs and other activities as well as two senior centers.
- With 232 sunny days per year, 27 days more than the national average, there are plenty of opportunities for active seniors in Adel to enjoy the outdoors. Seniors may want to take precautions in summer due to high temperatures reaching 92 degrees in July.
- The Adel area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cook Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Adel
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Adel start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Adel and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Adel
Financial aid that can help reduce the overall costs of assisted living is available to seniors in Adel, but there is not direct cash assistance. The Home and Community Based Services program can help pay for assistance with daily hygiene and therapy. The Elderly and Disabled Waiver is a Medicaid program that also helps pay for these services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Adel
Adel and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Adel, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Adel
Adel-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Adel, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Adel
Review of Southern Senior Living Community
My sister is moving from this facility due to bed bug infestation and was covered in bites. The staff is minimal for the number of clients. There are no activities except for an occasional bingo... Read more
Review of Mary's Haven
My mother has a friend from childhood; Eleanor is now 69 and has dementia/Alzheimer's (not sure yet), and has had to move into assisted living. At Mary's Haven, it is more like being at home than ... Read more