2 Assisted Living Facilities in Douglas, GA
The average cost of assisted living in Douglas is $2,675 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Douglas. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Douglas 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Waycross with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Douglas, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Douglas
Home to the South Georgia BBQ and Outdoor Festival and a historic downtown shopping square, Douglas is a scenic place with plenty to see and do for seniors looking to retire. There are also two assisted living communities that help administer medications and help meet the additional unique needs of their members. These communities are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health and house at least two seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Douglas
- Summers in Douglas are long and hot, while winters are short and cold. Throughout the year, the temperature varies from 42 degrees to 92 with averages rarely dropping below 29. This may be ideal for seniors who can’t tolerate extreme cold.
- Crime in Douglas is 50 percent higher than the national average. Seniors, visitors and residents to the city have a one in 25 chance of becoming a victim of any type of crime. When living in assisted living in the area, seniors should inquire about the security measures.
- Connect Douglas is a public transportation system that provides rides to seniors to and from downtown and the surrounding area. The system has a voucher program for adults 60 and older and disabled individuals that provides rides at highly discounted rates for shopping, entertainment, medical appointments and other errands.
- Douglas is an affordable option for seniors in assisted living due to the low cost of living index of 77.1. This index is based on the national and state average of 100. After paying for groceries and other necessities, seniors may have more money left for savings and offsetting the cost of a private room.
- The city of Douglas is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Coffee Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Douglas has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Georgia Department of Aging Services, an organization that helps support the senior population in the area, as well as at least three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Douglas
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Douglas start around $2,675 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Douglas and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Douglas
Seniors who need help paying for alternate living services may be eligible for one of two state Medicaid waiver programs. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) are designed to keep seniors from being placed into nursing homes. Neither program pays for room and board, but families may use personal funds to fill in any gaps.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Douglas
Douglas and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Douglas, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Douglas
Douglas-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Douglas
Review of Lakeside Senior Living
Lakeside Senior Living Center is a brand-new facility, so it's very clean. The people running the facility seemed knowledgeable, friendly, and excited about what they were doing. The apartments hav... Read more
Review of The Landings of Douglas
Oxton Place was a nice facility. It was clean and all the clients seemed to be happy. They had activity rooms, therapists, and they have some rooms where you can have private access for the family. Read more
Review of The Landings of Douglas
A very good place with good people. My mom has been here for over 2 years now. The staff will work with you and take care of any concerns you may have. Glad we have a good home like this in Douglas. Read more