3 Assisted Living Facilities in Moultrie, GA
The average cost of assisted living in Moultrie is $3,393 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,405.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Moultrie. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Moultrie 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tifton with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Moultrie, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Moultrie
Located in the southern part of the state, Moultrie is the third largest city in Southwest Georgia. It has a low cost of living, which makes the area an affordable option for retiring seniors. Regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health, there are three assisted living facilities within the city limits. These facilities provide grooming, meals and other personal care to seniors who need help with daily tasks.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Moultrie
- The Southwest Georgia Council on Aging provides transportation for seniors at a discount or for free to those eligible. Rides are available for medical appointments, to and from community senior centers and for other errands.
- Seniors living in Moultrie and the state of Georgia can take advantage of the lack of income tax on Social Security Income benefits (SSI). The state also provides a $65,000 per person deduction on all types of retirement income. This may leave more money in the hands of seniors at the end of the year after filing taxes.
- Crime in Moultrie is ranked on a scale of one (low) to 100 (high). Property crime is ranked 89.3, which is much higher than the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 53.1, which is also higher than the national average of 31.1. When inquiring about an assisted living facility, residents should consider the security measures in place to ensure their safety.
- Like most cities in the southeast, Moultrie experiences mild winters with average lows rarely dropping below 39 degrees. This makes the area ideal for seniors who enjoy the outdoors. Summers are hot and humid with average July highs around 92.
- The city of Moultrie is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Colquitt Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Moultrie has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), an organization that helps seniors stay active within the community, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Moultrie
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Moultrie start around $3,393 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Moultrie and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Moultrie
Low-income seniors who require an assisted living facility may qualify for help through two Georgia Medicaid waivers. The Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) and the Community Care Service Program (CCSP) are available for seniors in Moultrie who live in an assisted living facility that houses up to 24 residents.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Moultrie
Moultrie and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Moultrie, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Moultrie
Moultrie-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Moultrie
Review of The Golden Apple Carriage House
We love that our family member is there! She is happy and we so are happy that she is safe and happy. We couldn't ask for better people for her to be around! Read more
Review of Magnolia Manor South
Magnolia Manor South was very nice and clean and pretty in the way it's put together. The people were exceptionally friendly. They seem to have their residents in mind when they talk about things. ... Read more
Review of The Golden Apple Carriage House
I have friends at The Golden Apple Carriage House. They are happy, and they highly recommend the place. It is well kept. There are games, and they play Bingo. They have access to a limousine that t... Read more