9 Assisted Living Facilities in Albany, GA
Also serving communities of Dawson, Camilla.
The average cost of assisted living in Albany is $3,045 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Albany. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Albany 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Plains with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Albany, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Albany
Located on the Flint River in Dougherty County, Albany, Ga. has much to offer it's residents, including a strong economy built on the pharmaceutical, beer, and chocolate industries, a Riverfront Walk, historical attractions, an 800 acre nature preserve and more. Seniors will not run out of places to visit outside of their assisted living communities.
There are nine assisted living facilities in Albany, Georgia, are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health. Such facilities are defined by the state as having 25 or more residents. Assisted living facilities in Georgia provide help with daily tasks, such as dressing and eating.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Albany
- Located in southwest Georgia along the Flint River, Albany is known for its warm, sultry summers and mild winters. The average high temperature in January is 60 degrees Fahrenheit and 93 degrees in July.
- Crime, particularly theft and property crime, is a growing problem in Albany as it is in many other parts of Georgia. The crime rate in Albany is 113 percent higher than the national average.
- Albany provides a number of services for residents age 60 and older via the Southwest Georgia Council on Aging. There are also six senior centers within the city limits.
- Albany is home to world-class medical facilities, including Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital and East Albany Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Albany, Georgia offers a number of cultural sites and museums. Chief among these are the Flint Riverquarium, the 3.1 Riverfront hiking and biking trail, the Thronateeska Heritage Center with its exhibits about history, science and vintage rail cars, Chehaw Animal Park, home to more than 230 animals, and the Albany Museum of Art, which offers free admission daily.
- It's easy to get around Albany. The Albany Transit System provides regular, scheduled public bus service from Monday through Saturday within Albany and between the city and other points in Dougherty County.
Paying for Assisted Living in Albany
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Albany start around $3,045 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Albany and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Albany
Those eligible for Medicaid programs should apply to Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) if they would otherwise be in a nursing home or the Community Care Services Program (CCSP). The latter provides assistance to seniors who do not need the same level of nursing care that SOURCE provides but who still need some help with the activities of daily living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Albany
Albany and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Albany, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Albany
Albany-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Albany, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Albany
Review of The Phoenix at Albany
We moved mom in when it was Morningside and owned and operated by Phoebe Putney memorial hospital. The year was 2013. Things were good in the beginning but shortly after moms year anniversary thing... Read more
Review of Century Pines Retirement Community
Century Pines Retirement Community was a very nice facility. I was very satisfied, and they gave me a tour of the place. I spoke with the administrator, and theyve been very helpful working with m... Read more
Review of The Phoenix at Albany
We got my mom at The Phoenix at Albany. We have adjustments to make, but they have been very good to us. My mom's room is clean, the right size, and very nice. They come in if she needs anything an... Read more