5 Assisted Living Facilities in Thomasville, GA
The average cost of assisted living in Thomasville is $3,200 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 15 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Thomasville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Thomasville 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cairo with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Thomasville, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Thomasville
Thomasville, Ga. is known for it's annual Rose Show and Festival that has been running for 97 years and ranks on the list for Top 20 Events by the Southeast Tourism Society. Seniors have many other attractions to enjoy in Thomasville as well, including antique shows, aviation shows, film festivals and arts festivals.
The eight assisted living facilities in and around Thomasville, Georgia, are under the eye of the Georgia Department of Community Health. Such facilities are defined by the state as those having 25 or more residents. Assisted living facilities in Georgia provide help with daily tasks, such as dressing, bathing and eating.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Thomasville
- The Thomasville, Georgia, area offers a number of recreational opportunities, events and museums. Chief among these are the Lapham-Patterson House Historic Site, the Thomasville Rose Garden and the Big Oak, a major landmark in town. The majority of attractions and events in Thomasville offer senior discounts.
- Crime, particularly theft and property crime, is an increasing problem in Thomasville, as it is in many other parts of Georgia. The crime rate in Thomasville, Georgia, is 91 pecent higher than the national average, and the city is safer than just 25 percent of American cities.
- The City of Thomasville, Georgia, and Thomas County provide a number of services for residents age 60 and older, including meals, transportation and legal services. There is also a senior center in Thomasville.
Thomas County Transit provides regular, on-demand public bus service to county residents.
- The Thomasville, Georgia, area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Archbold Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Located in southwest Georgia, Thomasville is known for its hot, humid summers and mild winters. The average high temperature is 63 degrees Fahrenheit in January and 92 degrees Fahrenheit in July.
Paying for Assisted Living in Thomasville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Thomasville start around $3,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Thomasville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Thomasville
There are several federal and state government programs that offer financial assistance to eligible Thomasville, Georgia, seniors to help pay for an assisted living facility. These include Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE), the Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Thomasville
Thomasville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Thomasville, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Thomasville
Thomasville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Thomasville
Review of Suites of Woodleaf
My mother has been in Suites of Woodleaf for about two months now. I've been really happy with it. It's kind of small. They only have about 40 people there. The staff is good. They have some extra ... Read more
Review of Southern Pines
Southern Pines was very clean. The staff seemed very friendly and very nice. The director introduced and presented herself in a good manner. They had a memory care unit that I really felt my mom wo... Read more
Review of Southern Pines
Southern Pines is a beautiful facility. The staff is very friendly, helpful, answered all our questions, showed us around, and went over the financial stuff with us. My grandmother really enjoys th... Read more