7 Assisted Living Facilities near Sparks, GA
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sparks area, with 3 in Sparks and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sparks. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sparks 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Adel with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sparks, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Sparks, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sparks
Sparks, Georgia, was incorporated as a town in 1888 and was renamed to honor a man named Mr. Sparks, a division president of the Georgia Southern and Florida Railroad being built at the time. Today, a thriving senior community resides in this city, making up more than 12% of the total population.
City seniors who are thinking about assisted living options have three facilities in the city proper to choose from along with an additional four facilities located in the nearby communities of Adel and Nashville. These facilities are officially recognized as assisted living communities and personal care homes in Sparks and throughout Georgia, both of which are governed by the Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sparks
- Georgia does not levy taxes on Social Security income, and only partially taxes pensions and retirement savings account withdrawals, which might leave Sparks seniors with more money in their wallets at tax time.
- Sparks has a cost of living index of 78, which is much lower than the Georgia average of 100.3 and national average of 100. While this low cost of living is driven primarily by low housing costs, seniors here can expect to pay more for groceries and healthcare than they would elsewhere in the state or nation. Seniors with chronic health conditions may want to take the higher healthcare costs into consideration before moving to the area.
- The air quality in Sparks has a rating of 48, which is 10 points lower than the U.S. average of 58, something seniors with chronic respiratory or cardiovascular conditions may want to keep in mind.
- Seniors in Sparks may want to travel in groups and ensure that facilities they tour have security features like alarms and cameras. The city has a violent crime rate that is five points higher than the national average of 22.7, and a property crime rate that is almost 17 points higher than the national average of 35.4. These rates are out of 100 (high crime).
- The Sparks area has no hospitals from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Adel.
- Sparks, GA, has winter temperatures of 38 degrees with no snow, which might spark the attention of seniors who enjoy warmer seasonal temperatures.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sparks
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Sparks start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sparks and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sparks
Sparks seniors who need help with assisted living expenses may be able to get financial assistance from one of Georgia’s two Medicaid programs, the Community Care Services Program and the Georgia SOURCE waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sparks
Sparks and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sparks, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sparks
Sparks-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sparks
Review of Golden Retreat
Golden Retreat is a small, clean home with five people. My mother is in a room with her own private bathroom. The people are very nice, good, and caring. We are very pleased with this place. The fo... Read more
Review of Sparks Retirement Home
I found the facility to be rather cluttered but clean. It was an old converted home with no flow. All safety precautions were in place such as hand rails in the halls and bathrooms. The owners and ... Read more