5 Assisted Living Facilities near Valdosta, GA

Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Valdosta, GA

The Canopy at Azalea Grove

Provides: Assisted Living
6002 North Oak Street Extension, Valdosta, GA 3...
"I visited The Canopy at Azalea Grove. I went to the front door with my rollator. They sent me around back to a little screened room. I fell and hurt my foot, my back and my neck. I wrote that in..." More

Caring Star 2012

Langdale Place

2720 WINDEMERE DRIVE, Valdosta, GA 31602
"Tour answered all my questions. Very thorough and executive director took lots of time with me. Impressive!!" More

Fellowship Home at Brookside

470 FELLOWSHIP HOME LANE, Valdosta, GA 31602
"My granny was a resident at Fellowship Home for about 3 years. We were pleased with her care. Now my mother is a resident in the Memory Care area. This facility has various levels of care from..." More

Baptist Village Lake Park

763 JOHNSTON WAY, Lake Park, GA 31636
"My dad is in Baptist Village Lake Park. The food is good. It is clean. The nurses take really good care of him. Overall, you cannot beat the price. The rooms are big. They have laundry service and..." More

The Orchard at Stone Creek

4900 Tillman Crossing, Hahira, GA 31632
"My mom went into The Orchard at Stone Creek. It's a very nice facility, and I like the way the individual houses are set up. It has been especially good with COVID, because they only have 16..." More

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Valdosta

Valdosta, on the southern border of Georgia, was named one America’s Friendliest Cities by Rand McNally and USA Today’s Best of the Road contest in 2011. Seniors — almost 22 percent of the population — can choose from five assisted living facilities located in and around Valdosta, all of which are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health. This type of facility is defined by the state as those having 25 or more residents.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Valdosta

• The State of Georgia Division of Aging Services provides a number of services for residents age 60 and older, including meals, counseling and physical fitness programs. There is also a senior center in Valdosta.

• Valdosta is located directly on I-75, which connects the city to Macon, Georgia, to the north and Gainesville, Florida, to the south. In addition, Lowndes County provides point-to-point transportation for disabled persons and those with financial burdens.

• Valdosta is home to world-class medical facilities, including South Georgia Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.

• Located in south-central Georgia just north of the Florida state line, Valdosta is known for its hot, humid summers and mild winters. The average high temperature in January is 62 degrees Fahrenheit and 91 degrees in July.

• Valdosta offers a number of cultural events, sites and museums. Chief among these are the annual Azalea Festival, Grand Bay Wildlife Park, the Lowndes County Historical Society and Museum, The Turner Center for the Arts, the Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery and The Crescent historic home. The majority of Valdosta events and attractions offer senior discounts to those age 65 and older.

• Crime, particularly theft and property crime, is an increasing problem in Valdosta, as it is in many other parts of Georgia. The crime rate in Valdosta is 106 percent higher than the national average and the city is safer than just 17 percent of other American cities.

Paying for Assisted Living in Valdosta

Average Monthly Costs

Cities in Georgia

$4,000.00 US
    $3,575.00 Thomasville
    $3,450.00 Valdosta
    $3,393.00 Moultrie
    $2,800.00 Live Oak

Assisted Living costs in Valdosta start around $3,450 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.

It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Valdosta and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Valdosta

Various state programs can provide financial assistance for those who are eligible in Valdosta. Seniors who are eligible for Medicaid can apply to Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) for intermediate-level nursing care in an assisted living setting, whereas those who need a little less assistance can apply to the Community Care Services Program (CCSP).

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.

Financial Assistance in Georgia Financial Assistance in Georgia

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
    • Life Insurance Policy
    • Long-Term Care Insurance
    • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Valdosta

Valdosta and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.

To see a list of free assisted living resources in Valdosta, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Valdosta

Valdosta-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.

Laws and Regulations in Georgia Laws and Regulations in Georgia