The 3 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Live Oak, FL for 2023
Also serving communities of Mayo.
The average cost of assisted living in Live Oak is $3,109 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,870. Cheaper nearby regions include High Springs with an average starting cost of $2,750.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Live Oak. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Live Oak 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Live Oak, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Live Oak, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Live Oak
Live Oak was founded along the Pensacola and Georgia Railroad and owes its name to the oak tree that shaded railroad workers as they rested and ate lunch. Once the fifth-largest city in Florida, Live Oak is now home to almost 7,000 people. Seniors aged 65 and over make up over 13 percent of the population and there are two assisted living facilities in the city offering care to these residents. These facilities are licensed and monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Live Oak
- Public transport in Live Oak is provided by Suwannee Valley Transit Authority. There is a regular service between Live Oak and Lake City as well as paratransit services which provide door-to-door transportation.
- The Live Oak area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Shands Live Oak Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Live Oak has mild winters and hot summers, which may be appreciated by seniors moving south to avoid cold weather. In July, the average high is 95 degrees and the low temperature in January is around 41. The city gets 229 sunny days each year, 24 more than the national average, allowing residents to spend time enjoying the outdoors.
- Live Oak has an overall crime rate of 25 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is higher than 61 percent of Florida's other communities. While the property crime rate is almost seven points lower than the state average, the violent crime rate is 6.53, more than two points higher than the Florida rate of 4.08. This may be concerning for safety-conscious seniors.
- The overall cost of living in Live Oak is rated 86 on the Sperling index, 14 points lower than the national average. This is mainly due to the low cost of housing and many everyday expenses like groceries and healthcare are actually higher than the national median, which may affect the budgets of seniors.
- Seniors in Live Oak can save money on their tax bill as Florida does not have a state income tax. Sales taxes in the state are close to the national average which also helps seniors who are living on a fixed income.
Paying for Assisted Living in Live Oak
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Live Oak start around $3,109 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Live Oak and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Live Oak
Live Oak seniors who receive Social Security benefits may be eligible for additional finance through the Optional State Supplement. Financial assistance can also be accessed through Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Live Oak
Live Oak and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Live Oak, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Live Oak
Live Oak-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Live Oak, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Live Oak
Review of Rising Oaks Assisted Living
Wonderful place to live, friendly staff. Read more
Review of Rising Oaks Assisted Living
Beautiful facility with a wonderful staff. Residents seemed very happy playing Bingo while I visited and were enjoying a snack. Read more
Review of Advent Christian Village Inc
Advent Christian Village Inc was a contained community. It has houses, cottages, and apartments. They have their own medical facility and grocery store there. They were also most reasonably priced.... Read more