2 Assisted Living Facilities in Bainbridge, GA
Also serving communities of Climax.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bainbridge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bainbridge 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cairo with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bainbridge, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bainbridge
Bainbridge, Georgia, is a city located north of Tallahassee and west of Valdosta. This southern Georgia community is home to about 12,000 residents. Nearly 15 percent of the city’s residents are senior citizens. To serve these seniors, there are two assisted living facilities in the Bainbridge area.
In Bainbridge and the rest of Georgia, The Department of Community Health regulates assisted living facilities. The state defines these facilities as personal care homes that are home to 25 or more people.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bainbridge
- Seniors in Bainbridge can take advantage of the city’s affordability. Bainbridge’s cost of living is 17.6 percent lower than the national average. This is reflected in the much lower-than-average housing and transportation costs, which may be appealing to seniors with low incomes.
- Bainbridge has a high crime rate, and it’s more dangerous than 87 percent of U.S. cities. This rate is largely driven by property crime, and residents of Bainbridge have a one in 32 chance of becoming a victim of this type of crime.
- This small community receives an average of 54 inches of rain each year, compared to the national average of 39 inches. Winter lows are in the 30s, while summer highs can reach the 90s.
- As in much of rural Georgia, public transportation in Bainbridge is limited. However, Southwest Georgia Regional Transit services 13 counties, including Decatur County. Seniors can use this service to schedule trips to medical appointments and other destinations. Seniors and frequent riders receive a 50 percent discount on fares.
- Bainbridge seniors can take advantage of Georgia’s favorable tax policies. Social Security benefits are exempt from the state’s income tax, and a retirement exclusion is available for other types of income.
- The Bainbridge area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hospital & Manor, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bainbridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Bainbridge start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bainbridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bainbridge
The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) may help seniors in Bainbridge pay for the costs of their care in assisted living facilities. Eligibility for this Medicaid-funded program is determined based on medical need, financial eligibility and other factors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bainbridge
Bainbridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bainbridge, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bainbridge
Bainbridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Bainbridge, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bainbridge
Review of Riverside Place Assisted Living Community
The staff are caring and loving. The facility is well kept with the common areas always decorated with seasonal themes. It is such a wonderful feeling for family to be always welcomed and included ... Read more
Review of Riverside Place Assisted Living Community
The staff at this facility go above and beyond the basics for the residents here. The grounds were about average. It's got places for the residents to walk and exercise if need be. My favorite part... Read more