St. Augustine Plantation

Reviews of St. Augustine Plantation

Assisted Living Reviews for St. Augustine Plantation

January 26, 2017

By Honda348

It looks beautiful on the outside but the care your family member receives is suboptimal. There is no training of personal and even less training of their upper management. With my family member there had been many misadministrations of meds, lack of response when emergency bracelet was pushed, and ratio of residents to caregivers is such that your family member can lay in their room for an hour before anyone has time to check on them. House keeping is poor and the food is full of fat and starch. There are very few healthy choices. If you can't be there to manage the care of your loved one I would recommend you not move them there.

January 02, 2017

By Jan416838

I thought St. Augustine was clean and neat. The people seemed content. A staff member took me through, and it was nice for an assisted living place. They said that I would be able to join my parents for lunch if they were there. I spent a lot of time talking with the lady, who was very nice and very knowledgeable.

November 01, 2016

By Dena635445

The overall appearance of St. Augustine Plantation was that they had grown out of their building. They had too many people there so it was very crowded with large wheelchairs that couldn’t accommodate because of the furniture all around, but the staff was trying very hard to make sure everybody felt welcome and involved in something. It was tempting because the price was so much lower, but it had a very small outdoor place. You could be out on a rocker in the front, but that’s where all the cars were. The outdoors was not what we were used to with a nice area where you can walk. The rooms were OK. The dining area was small and unorganized and was one of the reasons we decided not to live there.

May 10, 2016

By Happy Visitor122300250

My mother was at St. Augustine for four days. The staff was friendly and good. They had a nice variety of meals, but the rooms were small. They also told us about a lot of the activities, but my mom was only there for a few days.

November 15, 2015

By Caring Son16

St. Augustine was a very nice, small, and well-cared-for facility. The staff appeared to be quite friendly.

June 20, 2015

By SRC55

My 85 year old mother has been at St. Augustine Plantation for two months. She was living alone in her own home prior to going into the hospital in February. When she was released to a rehabilitation center, it was clear that she would not be able to live on her own again. I had already toured SAP a couple of times, trying to decide if this move was the right thing to do, as my mother had to leave Tampa, where she lived for 57 years. When I described the beauty of the building, furniture, and decorations to my sister-in-law, she said, "That's not as important as the quality of care provided by the staff." I'm happy to say that the caretakers, nurses, and administrative staff are an exceptional group of people, concerned with the welfare of the residents. They greet each resident by name and seem to know the strengths and limitations of each person. The food services and maintenance staff go out of their way to accommodate the requests of the residents and their family members. This facility is no longer family owned as indicated on its website, but was bought by Compass Pointe Healthcare. While Corporate America is not high on my list these days, I believe the company seeks to keep up the quality of care at SAP and maintain and improve the physical surroundings. My mother is happy in "her place," as she calls it and I am very happy to have her close by in Tallahassee, as I tell her every day. While I am sure that there will be bumps in the road in the future, I am confident that I can work with the employees of SAP to resolve any difficulties.

August 14, 2014

My parents both have moved to St Augustine Plantation. They've been there almost 2 months. It seems to be quite clean. Each individual keeps their room differently, but the public areas are very nice. All the staff that I have encountered has been very helpful. The room is a studio apartment, and it's adequate. I would say the food is above average but not great. The dining facility is highly accessible, but they seem to be short of tables. They keep moving people around. I think the activities are good. They have daily seated exercise class. Almost daily, someone comes in to perform music. They're all quite good, but I think they need to do music therapy for the residents. More parking would be good. I'm always fighting for a parking place. The caregivers seem to have a whole lot to do, but I think they could use some more staff.

September 10, 2013

By Wentrell32333

My mom has enjoyed living at St. Augustine Plantation for the last two years. She is especially fond of the very caring staff and nurses who are very nice. She has had some health issues that have required more care than when she moved in, and the staff has really been there for her. I have shared meals with her on many occasions and they've been very good also. She likes the food, and is happy with the recent changes made to allow for alternatives at each meal. She loves the activities that are offered, especially the "sittercise" and playing games with her friends that live down the hall. They have a bus that will take her to doctor appointments and to out to lunch and shopping occasionally. I would highly recommend St. Augustine Plantation to anyone looking for an assisted living facility in the Tallahassee area.

August 22, 2013

By rwagner

My mom lives here and we have watched this facility go down hill, it started out pretty good but me and my family have watched as things steadily get worse. The food is usually cold, they never give the residents fruit as a dessert its always dry chocolate cake or pie, unhealthy stuff. The service has steadily went down also, it seems that all of the staff that works and are nice to the residents are let go. My mom loves the other residents and does not want to move but if things continue as they are we may have to move her. Its a beautiful facility but if I knew it was going to turn out like this I would have talked my mom into going someplace else.

June 12, 2013

By Dee6

I would have chosen St. Augustine if it's within our budget. I like the layout of the building. It was very well-arranged and set up in such a way that you are never very far from the main center of the operation. It had a lot of visitation areas throughout the whole complex. The dining room had half-walls. It was very nice and open, which I like. We had lunch there and the foods they served were very good too. The staff also were more than okay, they're wonderful.

September 21, 2012

By ludacris7000

Saint Augustine Plantation is a really nice facility. It's really roomy, and homey. I like the dining area which has a chandelier next to it in the hallway. It's nice to visit my grandmother there because there's plenty of places to sit outside, and it's really quiet. The rooms are nice, too, and I like that they have provided the residents with mini-fridges.They also provide good meals for the residents, and they offer a lot of activities. My grandmother enjoys going to Church and playing Bingo; both of which I have attended with her on more than occasion. They also provide a daily newsletter and weekly calendars to help keep the residents informed and engaged. They're doing a really good job, as my grandmother has managed to stay quite busy - she's almost never in her room to answer the phone! Which I should add that my grandmother, although she can walk, can not leave the facility unless someone checks her out due to her disability.My only concern with the facility might be the narrow space in the hallways. While individual wings seem to be wide enough, the main hallway connecting them is really narrow, and often gets stopped up as residents wait to get on to the elevator after meal times and after activity hours. All in all, it's a great little place, and I wouldn't mind retiring there myself someday.

Questions about St. Augustine Plantation

What programs or activities does St. Augustine Plantation offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Connection, engagement, purpose – check, check, check. Each day, you’ll find opportunities to explore new interests, connect with neighbors and give back to the larger community. Programs are thoughtfully planned to fully support eight quality-of-life attributes – or dimensions of engagement – essential to well-being of all people, regardless of age. Programs at our community are thoughtfully planned to support eight quality-of-life attributes – or dimensions of engagement – essential to well-being of all people, regardless of age. Social, Spiritual, Occupational, Emotional, Intellectual, Environmental, Physical, and Creative. These dimensions are collectively represented by a “cairn” – rough stones stacked in a balanced, interdependent way to create a landmark to help find one’s way and stay on course.

What places are near St. Augustine Plantation or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Situated on a historic canopy road of majestic oak trees, St. Augustine Plantation is a warm, friendly, and relaxed senior living community located near Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Capital Regional Medical Center and CRMC Urgent Care as well as Governor’s Square Mall, Midtown Shopping and Wakulla Springs. Wake up every day in a safe, intentionally designed living space. We tend to the cooking, housekeeping and home maintenance so you can participate in social, cultural and exercise programs including day trips, yoga and painting classes. Choose from a menu of seasonal, nutritious chef-prepared dishes in our main dining area or a more intimate setting in our private dining room with friends and family.

What transportation services does St. Augustine Plantation offer to assisted living residents?

Scheduled Transportation Drivers provide residents with a ride to appointments and group outings by car or accessible bus.

What makes the chef or dining program at St. Augustine Plantation exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Community mealtime feels like a special event and is always enjoyed in the company of neighbors. Choose from rotating menus of nutritious, chef-prepared dishes made with fresh ingredients and served to your table by friendly staff who know your tastes and preferences. Menus are planned to meet your nutritional needs, and we easily accommodate special dietary requests.

What safety features or security measures does St. Augustine Plantation offer to assisted living residents?

Trained team members are available 24/7/365 to assist residents. Residents have wearable devices or mounted pull cords in their apartments to notify staff in the event of an emergency. Team members monitor residents’ well-being during mealtimes, medication passes and care services, and more often as needed. A comprehensive plan is in place to safely evacuate residents in the event of an emergency.

What programs or activities does St. Augustine Plantation offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Costs for St. Augustine Plantation

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: Assisted Living Facility #9149

About St. Augustine Plantation

St. Augustine Plantation is home. Built in the southern, antebellum style, the house was designed specifically to improve the quality of life for seniors. Enjoy songs played on the baby grand piano, or share memories around the hearth in the living room…

Our professional staff is committed to providing outstanding care 24-hours a day. A comprehensive personal health care plan will be established by our Registered Nurse. As an individual’s needs for assistance increases, you can age-in-place knowing you have family providing care every step of the way.

Facility holds the Extended Congregated Care licenses and residents are able to age in place. Located near Governor Square Mall, also near Southwood neighborhood community.

Map of St. Augustine Plantation