5 Assisted Living Facilities near Prattville, AL
Also serving communities of Millbrook, Deatsville, Clanton, Selma.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Prattville area, with 3 in Prattville and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Prattville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Prattville 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Prattville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Prattville, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Prattville
Due to numerous aquatic features and artesian wells in the area, Prattville has earned the nickname The Fountain City. As of 2018, the city's estimated population is 35,662, and 14.4% of these residents are aged 65 and over. The seniors in this community who require some level of daily help can find accommodations at three assisted living facilities within the city limits and two more facilities nearby.
These facilities in Prattville are licensed and regulated by the state's Department of Public Health. They are officially recognized as Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs). Specialty Care Assisted Living Facilities are permitted to take care of residents with cognitive impairments.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Prattville
- Seniors in Prattville who enjoy outdoor activities may be happy to know that the area has consistently clean air. The American Lung Association gives Elmore County a passing grade for annual particle pollution and a B for ozone pollution.
- Prattville has a very wet climate with hot and humid conditions during the summer. Around 51 inches of rain falls every year, which is 13 inches more than the national average. Average July high temperatures reach 91 degrees. These conditions may not be favorable to seniors who like to go outdoors.
- The Prattville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Prattville Baptist Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Prattville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Prattville Parks and Recreation Department, an organization that hosts regional trips, activities and classes as well as one senior center.
- Seniors with fixed incomes may be able to find affordable living options in Prattville. The city has an overall cost of living index rating that's 5.1% below the national average of 100. Living expenses may be a bit higher than the average for Alabama.
- Alabama has friendly tax policies for some seniors who live in Prattville. Income from Social Security as well as private and public pensions are fully exempt from state income tax. Income from 401(k)s and IRAs, however, can be taxed as high as 5%.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Prattville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Prattville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Prattville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Prattville
Seniors in Prattville will not get any public financial aid for assisted living from the state of Alabama since the state does not offer it at this time.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Prattville
Prattville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Prattville, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Prattville
Prattville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Prattville
Review of Greensprings Assisted Living
The person I spoke to who took me through Greensprings was extremely kind and very knowledgeable. It was a very small facility. They had a mini fridge but no microwave. Also there wasn't any place ... Read more
Review of The Harbor at Hickory Hill
The Harbor Hickory Hill was nice and I liked it. It was my number one pick. Everything was great. The rooms were large and clean. The dining setup was good. They give haircuts and go on outings. Read more