Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

June 26, 2018

By John

I visited Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. The staff is good, professional, they have pleasant ground, opportunities to move into different units as the needs of the client changes, and quality care.
Thank you for your detailed positive review John. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

September 05, 2017

By maryjane123

I moved my father to Pacifica about 6 months ago and he loves it. He has made several friends throughout the community. My dad has always been a walker, so he loves the courtyards to walk around in. He has joined the On the Go program, and goes out to most of the trips.
Thank you for your detailed positive review Maryjane. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

August 16, 2017

By ChildofResident

I am a relative of a current resident. I am impressed with the care given at this facility, as well as the friendly, responsive staff, and the general cleanliness of the facility. The residents can walk outside (within the secure area) on garden paths, or sit on comfortable lounges and rockers under fans and mist-makers. The food is good, and they offer frequent family lunches, when family members can come and eat with their loved ones. They also have an impressive number of art, music, and pet therapy opportunities for the residents, and even outside field trips for those who are still mobile and can communicate.
Thank you for your detailed positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

December 28, 2016

By cecemullins

Copy Pacifica Senior Living in Paradise Valley is a truly amazing place! The staff there truly care about the residents! During my visits, I've seen the compassion, skill, and tenderness of the Pacifica staff towards their residents and families! I would feel comfortable moving my folks, from Nebraska, into Pacifica Senior Living at Paradise Valley . It's a place where I know they would be happy and safe!

Cecemullins, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

August 11, 2015

By Ellen47

Pacifica Senior Living was a good place, but the people in the mild Alzheimer's unit were severe. There weren't openings in the severe unit, so the people that had gotten worse were stilll in the mild unit. There were single rooms, and they were very well kept. It's what you would expect from somebody with more memory problems to have. They were great people. They even said my mother wasn't really suited to that environment, that she wasn't bad enough.
Thank you for your detailed positive review Ellen47. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

April 16, 2015

My mom moved to Pacifica three weeks ago. The staff is great there, and there is a three patient to two staff ratio. They had a lot of programs that would be good for her. They are all individual rooms; one of the things is they have cottages versus a single building. The cottages are behind a locked facility versus being a locked building. So she should roam on the ground. They have over a 40 mile walking path amongst the building. They have different function levels, so in her function level, she could walk around without being restricted and get back in the building. Each cottage has a little dining space. The food is fine, and the dining areas in each cottage were remodeled. All brand new including furniture. They have bingo twice a month, and depending on your level of functionality, they have trips to libraries and casinos. The staff really impressed me -- the floor plan and making them feel at home as much as possible.

March 18, 2015

My mom is already situated in the Pacifica. She is doing great. The environment is great, and the staff has been wonderful. It is a wonderful place. The social worker at the hospital helped us find the place. As for the food, there are no complaints. The Pacifica is the cleanest, and they were the most professional. The grounds in the area are really nice.

May 30, 2014

I've only been at Pacifica Senior Living one time. I went around with a lady, and she was very nice. She showed me everything. She was the person in charge. It was clean and the rooms were nice. Their bedroom was pretty large. They were serving lunch at the time in the dining room with the cooks. I'm not into the kind of food they serve; they were too healthy. They had a lot of vegetables on their plates. They were finishing up, and people were taking their plates away.

November 01, 2012

By Geriatic Care Mgr

Pacifica Senior Living provides their nationally-recognized Rediscovery program to residents who reside in cozy rooms and beautiful outdoor seating and walking areas, which are discretely secured. Programs for residents diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, dementia or related memory impairments have been developed to encourage autonomy and rediscover talents while exploring new and interesting hobbies. Each community provides 24 hour staffing with licensed nurses, which is extremely important for those who may not be able to communicate healthcare needs. All levels of directed care are provided and accommodations for residents with behavioral issues are available. The staff is pleasant, willing to assist residents with genuine warmth and a desire to provide comfort when needed. I was impressed with their website, specifically the resources link. Important information is provided to families who are transitioning and dealing with stress.

July 27, 2011

By desertratnana

My mother resided at Encore Senior Village for 6 months. I was extremely pleased with the level of care she received. The decision to move her to Encore came at a challlenging time: she had been hospitalized after a fall at her independent living facility & after the allotted time of rehab provided by her insurance we were forced to make a quick decision. I found the staff at Encore to be caring, compassionate & attentive to Mother's needs as well as concerned about how our family could continue to be involved. There were a variety of activities geared to help with her memory impairment. Family members were always welcome to participate in activities or meals & I found the facility to have a wonderful "open door" policy. I could drop by any time - in fact I was encouraged to do so. Mother passed away 6 months after we moved her to Encore & to this day I miss each of the staff & caregivers who loved her during her time there.
See all Memory Care reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

13 day caregivers and 7 overnight caregivers

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential neighborhood, near a local hospital.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with the local hospitals.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Meals Are Served In The Cottages This Is A Home Like Setting.

• Features Extra: Library

• Technology Extra: Cable Tv Is In The Living Room Of The Cottage. Emergency Call System

• Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Pet Therapy

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7 To 1

• State Licenses: AL6981

About Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

Situated in vibrant Phoenix, Arizona, our Pacifica Senior Living community offers full-service memory care programs, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education for families, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness. Our home-like accommodations are custom built to help ease what can be an overwhelming time in life.

Our lush courtyards with their walking paths, beautiful gazebos and peaceful patios allow our residents the ability to enjoy the amazing Arizona weather year-round in a safe and secure environment.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley