Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

May 20, 2020

By margot123

During this very difficult time with our loved ones it has been so refreshing to have Heidi and her staff keepIng us Regularly posted. Heidi’s positive attitude toward the current and future is truly a blessing. Thanks for having folks like her and her staff in your employ.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

May 20, 2020

By Mary003

So grateful to everyone at Pacifica for the updates on cases at one of the cottages at Pacifica. They have done a great job keeping the outbreak contained in the one cottage, not to mention the fact that since all of this started, it has just now found its way into this facility. Until now there have been no cases of COVID there. All of the residents and staff are new being tested, and positive cases quarantined in the hospital. Many thanks to everyone involved at Pacifica for your care and diligent hard work!!!

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

February 10, 2020

By Diane & Judith

Outstanding caretakers, always kind and caring. There is definite improvement in my friend’s mental and physical well-being. Everything is always clean and neat.

Diane & Judith, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

February 06, 2020

By Doug

I live in Gilbert and I drive 45 minutes to see my mother here. I would not move her “anywhere” from here. The staff (from top to bottom) is exceptional. Heidi is awesome for ALL issues and the caregivers are all A+. Totally satisfied with the entire experience!

August 10, 2019

By Psalvo

My mom has been a resident at Pacifica for 4 1/2 years. Our family is very satisfied and grateful for the excellent care provided by all the staff (nurses, caregivers, dietary, maintenance, office, and activities departments). They are a dedicated "family" whose goal is to make your loved one feel like they are at home. They have provided us and my mom with a high level of professionalism, competence, compassion, and kindness during this painful and difficult struggle with dementia. The physical layout of the facility is unique in that there are separate cottages for different levels of care. The residents can move freely in and out of the cottages, enjoying the big porch with rockers and comfy benches or the pretty landscaped yard full of flowers, a gazebo, and birdhouses. The entire area is encircled with a locked fence for security. My mom loved to sit on the porch and watch the birds and check on the flowers. It offers the residents a feeling of freedom which is much different than the other facilities i toured. They have a full daily calendar of activities and also do off-site "breakfast clubs" and trips to different events. The cottages are L shaped with the TV room, dining area, and kitchen centralized and two hallways of rooms branching off from there. Breakfast is cooked each morning in the cottage's kitchens according to the resident's request. It's similar to being at home - providing a choice and the aroma of good cooking. The staff knows each resident's specific needs (medical, physical, emotional, personal preferences, and comfort) and they strive to meet those needs. My mom had balance and mobility issues and Pacifica obtained an order for in house physical therapy. Her legs are edematous - they offered to place her in a recliner for two hours a day to reduce swelling. We feel very blessed and relieved to know that our mom is being cared for at such a wonderful facility.

Hi, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case. Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

July 27, 2019

By MLD

Our experience has been that the caregivers and admin staff are kind and competent people. They are good natured and fun, which is also important.

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

July 25, 2019

By Denise

The care my father received is wonderful. Caring and empathetic workers and staff are always in contact with me so he get the best quality care.

Denise, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you or your father; we are more than happy to help!

July 21, 2019

By Aron

The care given to the residents at Pacifica is excellent. The caregivers are friendly and take great care of my mom. Management at Pacifica is topnotch. The food is delicious and dietary staff is also excellent. I would highly recommend Pacifica Senior Living / PV Memory Care.

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We have a fantastic staff who genuinely care for all their residents and families. Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case. If you have any needs or questions, please reach out! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

July 16, 2019

By Sue

Very satisfied with care and activities offered! Have seen many care centers and this is one of the best.

Sue, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

June 26, 2018

By John

I visited Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. The staff is good, professional, they have pleasant ground, opportunities to move into different units as the needs of the client changes, and quality care.

Thank you for your detailed positive review John. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

August 16, 2017

By ChildofResident

I am a relative of a current resident. I am impressed with the care given at this facility, as well as the friendly, responsive staff, and the general cleanliness of the facility. The residents can walk outside (within the secure area) on garden paths, or sit on comfortable lounges and rockers under fans and mist-makers. The food is good, and they offer frequent family lunches, when family members can come and eat with their loved ones. They also have an impressive number of art, music, and pet therapy opportunities for the residents, and even outside field trips for those who are still mobile and can communicate.

Thank you for your detailed positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

August 11, 2015

By Ellen47

Pacifica Senior Living was a good place, but the people in the mild Alzheimer's unit were severe. There weren't openings in the severe unit, so the people that had gotten worse were stilll in the mild unit. There were single rooms, and they were very well kept. It's what you would expect from somebody with more memory problems to have. They were great people. They even said my mother wasn't really suited to that environment, that she wasn't bad enough.

Thank you for your detailed positive review Ellen47. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

April 16, 2015

My mom moved to Pacifica three weeks ago. The staff is great there, and there is a three patient to two staff ratio. They had a lot of programs that would be good for her. They are all individual rooms; one of the things is they have cottages versus a single building. The cottages are behind a locked facility versus being a locked building. So she should roam on the ground. They have over a 40 mile walking path amongst the building. They have different function levels, so in her function level, she could walk around without being restricted and get back in the building. Each cottage has a little dining space. The food is fine, and the dining areas in each cottage were remodeled. All brand new including furniture. They have bingo twice a month, and depending on your level of functionality, they have trips to libraries and casinos. The staff really impressed me -- the floor plan and making them feel at home as much as possible.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

March 18, 2015

My mom is already situated in the Pacifica. She is doing great. The environment is great, and the staff has been wonderful. It is a wonderful place. The social worker at the hospital helped us find the place. As for the food, there are no complaints. The Pacifica is the cleanest, and they were the most professional. The grounds in the area are really nice.

May 30, 2014

I've only been at Pacifica Senior Living one time. I went around with a lady, and she was very nice. She showed me everything. She was the person in charge. It was clean and the rooms were nice. Their bedroom was pretty large. They were serving lunch at the time in the dining room with the cooks. I'm not into the kind of food they serve; they were too healthy. They had a lot of vegetables on their plates. They were finishing up, and people were taking their plates away.

Caring83470850, thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

November 01, 2012

By Geriatic Care Mgr

Pacifica Senior Living provides their nationally-recognized Rediscovery program to residents who reside in cozy rooms and beautiful outdoor seating and walking areas, which are discretely secured. Programs for residents diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, dementia or related memory impairments have been developed to encourage autonomy and rediscover talents while exploring new and interesting hobbies. Each community provides 24 hour staffing with licensed nurses, which is extremely important for those who may not be able to communicate healthcare needs. All levels of directed care are provided and accommodations for residents with behavioral issues are available. The staff is pleasant, willing to assist residents with genuine warmth and a desire to provide comfort when needed. I was impressed with their website, specifically the resources link. Important information is provided to families who are transitioning and dealing with stress.

We appreciate your positive review about your experience.
See all Memory Care reviews (23) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a wide array of physical, mental and fun daily activities to help keep our residents engaged and moving

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located off Hwy 51, with close access to malls, shopping and dining.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation within 10 miles of Doctors appointments and weekly trips to shopping at Fry's Grocery and Walmart.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef provides a well balanced no added salt menu with a variety of options at every meal.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley offer to assisted living residents?

Our beautiful new assisted living building is equipped with security cameras for the safety and well-being of your loved one. Each resident is provided a call pendant and every apartment has access to a call light system.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We pride ourselves on our excellent communication. The Executive Director sends out a weekly email to all families as well as monthly mailers. Our nursing team will update families on any changes in condition on a regular basis.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley during daytime and nighttime hours?

We average 1:9.

If Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community. We have a beautiful outdoor walking area as well as green space for exercise.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-service meetings are held for our staff.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

13 day caregivers and 7 overnight caregivers

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential neighborhood, near a local hospital.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with the local hospitals.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Meals Are Served In The Cottages This Is A Home Like Setting.

• Features Extra: Library

• Technology Extra: Cable Tv Is In The Living Room Of The Cottage. Emergency Call System

• Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Pet Therapy

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7 To 1

• State Licenses: AL6981

About Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley

Situated in vibrant Phoenix, Arizona, our Pacifica Senior Living community offers full-service memory care programs, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education for families, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness. Our home-like accommodations are custom built to help ease what can be an overwhelming time in life.

Our lush courtyards with their walking paths, beautiful gazebos and peaceful patios allow our residents the ability to enjoy the amazing Arizona weather year-round in a safe and secure environment.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Paradise Valley