Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

October 25, 2020

By Dee T

I got discharged from the hospital to get to this facility one of the worst ones I’ve ever been to in my life the nurse had to go to the bathroom and Leslie there never bothered to come back and check on me I had a woman that is open check since I’ve been here had to get my family to call for them to tell me how to do anything for me not fair to me also my leg has a wound on it that is constantly bleeding do you think they bother to check on it no I’m sitting in a bed full of blood yes I could take pictures at I would I would not recommend anyone come to this facility if they are going to a Rehabilitation care after the hospital I have one nurse who is very nice to me and she was about the only one but she was so busy taking care of everyone else that she could not just take care of me I did not like the food that was divided from me and she offered to get me something to eat she is about the nicest one I’ve met since I’ve been here also when I got here I was in one room had Go to another room because of the virus they had them mixed together on the same floorNo rush I have to go through what I went through being here still here and I’m making this report told them I’m going to report them which I am And the only thing They can say to me is if I want to check myself out I can but they not going to provide any medicine that the hospital gave them to give me Why should anyone suffer because they don’t want to do their job why have a job like this if that’s not your profession

February 27, 2016

By Mia01

My sister in law was placed under their care and was found unresponsive 2nd day admitted. Later ended falling and re admitted for open wound. I would not recommend this place staff is not safe to take care of patients. Spoke to Amy that was covering for Theresa. Informed her that her staff was being loud with her telling her that is was not a hospital so she needed to get out of bed and tend to her needs so ,she said their obviously needed some education on their end . I agree. Hope they can improve their services as of now I will suggest to any friend or family member to be admitted here.

February 04, 2012

By SRRA

I have visited Desert Sky Assisted Living Facility (now Bella Vita) and also took care of a few clients that lived there.   The grounds of the facility are ok, the area is not the greatest at all and I wouldn't visit this facility after dark. The common areas of the facility are very open and the facility has a great patio area for smokers only thing is the place had a horrible urine and feces smell to it as soon as you walked in the place. The residents' rooms are not  the greatest sizes and the bathrooms aren't wheelchair accessible friendly.  The staff from my encounters were not the brightest and the management team was very nice. I think the residents get descent care there. While I was there, I noticed the staff didn't interact with the residents or did they follow up with anything they said. For example, before I started to care for my client I interacted with the staff to coordinate care for my client. The staff said the would make sure he received showers and his meals if he wasn't able to do it for hisself. Well needless to say they never followed through with anything. Overall, Desert Sky is an ok assisted living and I wouldn't recommend everybody to this facility. This facility works for the residents they have. Careful observation and evaluation should be considered if you are interested in Desert Sky! I give this facility 2 stars.

Nursing Home Reviews for Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

January 15, 2017

By daddys girl 2

My father had a series of strokes followed by a heart attack and open heart surgery. He's also diabetic (type 2). He called me at 7pm because he hadn't been fed yet, was told the kitchen is now closed and brought him a metal tin of cottage cheese. As I scrambled to find him something and get it there before doors locked at 8pm, I called and spoke with 2 different people who kept "passing the buck". When I got there, a tray of cold food had found It's way to him. He said the food is always cold. His new roommate keeps him up all night, and he's always cold. Stressing out and not feeding a diabetic stroke/heart patient ? Unacceptable!

May 22, 2016

By Rebb

I have a sister whose been in a nursing home since the age of 44. Bella Vita is just one of the many nursing homes she's been in and they all treat her with such disrespect it's awful to watch. I live states away from my sister so I'm limited as to what I can do for her, but Bella Vita is like a wolf in sheeps clothing. It's a nice place on the outside, but the nurses, especially the assistant director of nursing, she's an extremely rude nurse and whenever I inquire about the welfare of my sister she gets an attitude. I wonder just how much 'care' my sisters really getting with nurses like this treating residents. Also, my sister really looks forward to receiving her boxes of goodies, but they never, ever give her the box when it arrives, even though I call and tell the nurses a box is arriving today for her. It's just awful to watch her be so mistreated and disrespected by the staff at Bella Vita and they just blame her for everything, like she's so delusional. No, my sisters not delusional she just wants the nurses and staff to treat her with a more respectful, caring attitude. Hey nurses you reside in a nursing home for over 22 yrs , paralyzed and needing total care and lets see how you'd like to be treated. NOT like this I can assure you ! !

November 30, 2014

By Michael83886450

Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center was much better than the other place my mom was in. They had active PT and OT, it was cleaner, and there were more staff to help with her care. People there actually communicated with you and told you what was going on with your mom instead of you having to seek somebody out to tell you what was going on. They were actively involving me and keeping me posted for her rehab and for when she would be released and everything else. It was clean, very well-staffed, and very responsive to the patients' needs.

March 27, 2012

By annicia24

Bella Vita facility was very clean. Located in beautiful Glendale Arizona. The staff was always available to answer any and all questions concerning my grandmother's stay there. I would drop by unannounced and was very happy to see how well the staff was taking care of my family member. The rooms were well kept and the staff that took care of personal hygiene for my grandmother did their job really well. The floors and surrounding area was always kept clean and smelled pleasant. The whole facility was well kept and smelled good. The outside area for family settings was well maintained and view was really nice and clean and well kept. The facility's cafe area provided a variety of food and the settings were more like a home setting area and if the client could not feed themselves the staff was there to help. The quality of the food served was very good. The staff provided a good environment for the clients there.

June 10, 2011

By Evans1

Friend or relative of resident

When we first visited the facility, our first impression was "Wow what a nice facility for rehabilitation and health care!" But after visiting several times with our sister who was diagnosed with terminal cancer it was not the environment that we would recommend to anyone who cares about there loved one. Food trays were not picked up from her room for hours and her bathroom was unfinished. On several occasions sewer roaches appeared from sewers. There were staff members who were cordial and others who would become offended when asked a question. In our opinion, professionalism and care was lacking in the facility. Needless to say, we have moved her and placed in a facility that is clean, cordial and caring.

Services and Amenities of Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Glendale, Arizona that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center