Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

February 04, 2012

By SRRA

I have visited Desert Sky Assisted Living Facility (now Bella Vita) and also took care of a few clients that lived there.   The grounds of the facility are ok, the area is not the greatest at all and I wouldn't visit this facility after dark. The common areas of the facility are very open and the facility has a great patio area for smokers only thing is the place had a horrible urine and feces smell to it as soon as you walked in the place. The residents' rooms are not  the greatest sizes and the bathrooms aren't wheelchair accessible friendly.  The staff from my encounters were not the brightest and the management team was very nice. I think the residents get descent care there. While I was there, I noticed the staff didn't interact with the residents or did they follow up with anything they said. For example, before I started to care for my client I interacted with the staff to coordinate care for my client. The staff said the would make sure he received showers and his meals if he wasn't able to do it for hisself. Well needless to say they never followed through with anything. Overall, Desert Sky is an ok assisted living and I wouldn't recommend everybody to this facility. This facility works for the residents they have. Careful observation and evaluation should be considered if you are interested in Desert Sky! I give this facility 2 stars.

Nursing Home Reviews for Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

May 22, 2016

By Rebb

I have a sister whose been in a nursing home since the age of 44. Bella Vita is just one of the many nursing homes she's been in and they all treat her with such disrespect it's awful to watch. I live states away from my sister so I'm limited as to what I can do for her, but Bella Vita is like a wolf in sheeps clothing. It's a nice place on the outside, but the nurses, especially the assistant director of nursing, she's an extremely rude nurse and whenever I inquire about the welfare of my sister she gets an attitude. I wonder just how much 'care' my sisters really getting with nurses like this treating residents. Also, my sister really looks forward to receiving her boxes of goodies, but they never, ever give her the box when it arrives, even though I call and tell the nurses a box is arriving today for her. It's just awful to watch her be so mistreated and disrespected by the staff at Bella Vita and they just blame her for everything, like she's so delusional. No, my sisters not delusional she just wants the nurses and staff to treat her with a more respectful, caring attitude. Hey nurses you reside in a nursing home for over 22 yrs , paralyzed and needing total care and lets see how you'd like to be treated. NOT like this I can assure you ! !

November 30, 2014

By Michael83886450

Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center was much better than the other place my mom was in. They had active PT and OT, it was cleaner, and there were more staff to help with her care. People there actually communicated with you and told you what was going on with your mom instead of you having to seek somebody out to tell you what was going on. They were actively involving me and keeping me posted for her rehab and for when she would be released and everything else. It was clean, very well-staffed, and very responsive to the patients' needs.

March 27, 2012

By annicia24

Bella Vita facility was very clean. Located in beautiful Glendale Arizona. The staff was always available to answer any and all questions concerning my grandmother's stay there. I would drop by unannounced and was very happy to see how well the staff was taking care of my family member. The rooms were well kept and the staff that took care of personal hygiene for my grandmother did their job really well. The floors and surrounding area was always kept clean and smelled pleasant. The whole facility was well kept and smelled good. The outside area for family settings was well maintained and view was really nice and clean and well kept. The facility's cafe area provided a variety of food and the settings were more like a home setting area and if the client could not feed themselves the staff was there to help. The quality of the food served was very good. The staff provided a good environment for the clients there.

June 10, 2011

By Evans1

Friend or relative of resident

When we first visited the facility, our first impression was "Wow what a nice facility for rehabilitation and health care!" But after visiting several times with our sister who was diagnosed with terminal cancer it was not the environment that we would recommend to anyone who cares about there loved one. Food trays were not picked up from her room for hours and her bathroom was unfinished. On several occasions sewer roaches appeared from sewers. There were staff members who were cordial and others who would become offended when asked a question. In our opinion, professionalism and care was lacking in the facility. Needless to say, we have moved her and placed in a facility that is clean, cordial and caring.

Services and Amenities of Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center

Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Glendale, Arizona that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center