The Palazzo

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, and Memory Care

6250 N 19th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85015
The Palazzo (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 84 days

Resort-style living at affordable prices. Newly renovated common areas and apartments. Amazing amenities and an abundance of activities.

Reviews of The Palazzo

Assisted Living Reviews for The Palazzo

February 15, 2016

By Butterfly9

I like it because of its location. The price is a little high, but the facility is better than the other ones. My grandfather likes the outings - going to different stores and locations. If he needs to go to the doctor, they take him to his appointment. As for the food, he gets a continental breakfast, and he gets to choose to have either lunch or dinner. The staff is good to him.

October 24, 2014

By Sam11

It is fine. My brother seems OK although he wished he was in a different place as far as having use of his legs. This is the third place he has been in, and so far this is his most favorite place and he does not have plan on leaving anytime soon. He is in a one bedroom apartment, and there are stores and restaurants nearby he can go if he wants to. The people take care of him, and he says they are doing a good job. Right now he is going to stay where he is for a while as he gets around pretty well. They offer us some meals, but I haven’t eaten there as my brother wants to eat outside, so we have to bring him on the restaurants every time we go there. It’s clean, the apartments are of nice size, and everything really seems to be OK.

May 30, 2014

By Maryann7

We placed him here. So far the experience has been very positive in all ways. The rooms are clean, and their dining area is very lovely. The staff are very patient and friendly. Most of all, I think they make the residents feel comfortable. I can see that the patients are mostly happy, They do have activities and places for them to go out of their rooms.

March 31, 2014

We liked the rooms; otherwise, we wouldn't have put my in-laws here. They're together in a joint room. They're in a memory care unit. We like the staff very much; we like the place. They have movies. We found that it was clean. The people seem very compassionate. They're very well-taken care of, so we're happy with it.

February 13, 2014

By Dwayne2

We chose it for my mom and she’s moving in this Saturday. The place looked very nice including the cafeteria. The food looked appetizing and smelled great although I wasn’t able to eat there. The staff was very knowledgeable, helpful in getting the right answer and getting back with you. We talked for a couple of times on the phone. The residents were getting along well and interacted with each other.

December 29, 2013

By Harriet2

They did have a very good offer at that time when I visited. They were reducing their rates and they had more floor plans to choose from. Some of their units were large and more equipped. It is a much bigger community. They are only serving two meals a day. They are serving breakfast in their café which seemed more continental style.

December 02, 2013

By Carrie8

The community is pretty big because they have a couple of buildings connected to it. They also do rehab there so they get temporary residence. The room was a 2-bedroom so there's space for my dad and my sister. The individual units are with new cabinetries, flooring and appliances. Maybe the décor needed to be updated throughout the common area. It had a pool and a patio. We did have lunch there. The food was pretty good and it had a variety of meals to pick from. The staff was helpful and friendly. They have different outings like they go to the casino and they go out to have bingo night. There are different activities and then the general things like going to the store, to church and to doctor's appointments. It just felt like it was the right place to accommodate both my dad and my sister.

November 30, 2013

By Carol75361250

It is centrally located in the city. It's close to the city main supermarket and banks. It was very nice, neat and clean, friendly staff and lively environment. The rooms were reasonable size, clean and wheelchair-accessible. To my knowledge, the food is nutritious and appropriate although any hospital or facility food is. It's mandated by Medicare, you have to have activities. The activities were interactive and were appropriate for the level of dementia.

October 23, 2013

By Karen72140450

It is a nice place. They have a movie theater, a post office and an ice cream parlor. They have a little cafe and a regular sit down restaurant. They also have a swimming pool if people want to swim. They have outside activities and a little bus will take them to places. They go above and beyond in everything. A staff is right there ready to help you and they will set someone that already lives there to be your companion and show you around. I think they do a really good job.

October 03, 2013

By granny7

It is a really nice and large facility. I was pleased with it. The dining room was really nice and they allowed pets. The staff that toured us was really very friendly.

September 24, 2013

I like it. I like the layout, the price, the amenities and the people. I especially like the staff. They give you a lot of freedom. I like all the activities and I've even started to make activities on my own. Speaking of activities, they have everything here. They have games, movies, crafts, excursions, and outings. They even have a library for their residents. They also serve very good food here. I absolutely recommend this place to others.

August 12, 2013

By Dennis10

Our visit was excellent. They had everything there. The decour and different amenities attracted me the most. There were different activities going on. The place was immaculate.

June 25, 2013

By Bugs1

We had several friends whose parents were here and so we visited and we felt very, very good about the place. It's also very close to where we live. The staff were very, very kind, and informative. We saw many of the elderly interacting in a really positive upbeat way, so it was very easy for us to make a decision to choose the place. We saw several people in the swimming pool and there were some other people working on craft activities. There were several people in their gym. Everybody was actively involved.

June 12, 2013

By Sylvia7

It is an extremely clean facility. The staff there are very caring and attentive. They would contact me whenever anything happens to my uncle. Before he moved in there, he was hungry all the time. He can't swallow and his foods need to be pureed. So that's one extra step to feeding him but they do it anyway just to make sure he enjoys his foods. They have also taken him to movies off campus. He's more happy now. He is talking and he's really involved with what's going on around him. It has changed his whole personality more or less. I'm very pleased with this facility.

Independent Living Reviews for The Palazzo

March 11, 2020

By Emmaline

Big fancy bar and wine room and dining room and fireplaces and new furniture but cabbage soup hamburger soup free breakfast is unhealthy, coffee sweet donuts juice but eggs bacon sauodage bagle $3 or $90 per month then $1 extra if tippy need container to take to room that's $30 and if need container for dessert at dining room another $30 month Show only new parts not really dirty old laundry rooms if you have patio door old and dirty can't replace if living room fan is old rattles from ceiling you have to buy new one yourself Terrible place TV news should do special I will be interviewed they tricked me

Thank you for recognizing our beautiful renovations. Sorry to hear some of the food you ate was not to your liking. The nice thing about the food options is that we offer an extensive menu. Every day, there are 3 specials of the day which include soups, appetizers, entrees, sides and desserts. In addition to the daily specials, we provide an "always available" menu which includes many options from sandwiches made to order, salads, chicken and many others. Our employees eat the same food we serve to residents as do some vendors who specifically come here to purchase their lunch while working. As mentioned, our Independent Living residents are served a continental breakfast every morning, should they want to upgrade with any hot items, they may do so for a nominal fee. In addition, in certain instances we charge $1 for the to-go containers. Thank you also for mentioning the laundry rooms. They are next on our list to upgrade. We just completed our $10 million massive renovation and we are now ready to begin on the laundry rooms. We will always fix anything that is broken in any apartment. If there is a patio door not working, we will correct this issue and certainly have it cleaned. Ceiling fans are upgrades in apartments so you are always welcome to replace the one you have, but if the one currently there is not working, please let Maintenance know so we may fix it. Any resident living here may place a work order to fix any issues that require attention. Please just let us know. Our leases are month to month and we are very pleased that we rarely have a move out from someone that had been unhappy. We pride ourselves on doing the best we can to correct any "correctable" situation. Thank you

February 27, 2020

By Caryn

We were very impressed with the units at The Palazzo, they were very nice. I like the size and the layout, they were very beautiful. They just went through a renovation and it's very nice. Their dining area was also very nice, they had a movie room and a library. Their amenities were really very good. It has independent living, assisted living and memory care as well. I met one resident there during my visit and I was very impressed by him.

December 20, 2018

By Samuel

The Palazzo had pretty much what we were looking for in our price range. It's being renovated extensively, but from what we saw, it met our needs. It wasn't too fancy and it wasn't a dump. The residents that we met and talked to seemed to be the kind of people that we would like to be friends with. The food was pretty good and certainly acceptable. The variety that was offered every day was very nice and adequate. They were tasty and seemed to be what we were looking for. There were health-related activities geared towards the elderly like exercises and pool exercises, they bring in people once in a while for specific programs, they bring in ballet and musical groups, and they have services that take the residents to and from shopping and food. The staff was very nice.

May 24, 2017

By johnfmtea

I went to The Palazzo. It was very nice, and the grounds looked good with gazebos. The staff was very friendly and polite. I saw the 1-bedroom there, and it was more than efficient. They serve 2 meals a day -- breakfast and a choice of lunch or dinner.

November 25, 2016

By VG

The people who work at The Palazzo weren't nice. I did my own cooking and cleaning. What I really didn't like was I had to use the laundry with everybody else, and I wanted a private washer and dryer because I had things stolen. The place was OK, but the workers were bad. I couldn't eat the food there because it was too salty. I had a very nice kitchen in my apartment with lots of cupboards. I had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a living room/dining room combination, 2 closets in the master bedroom, and 1 closet in the other room.

June 17, 2016

By Annette M630246

The new name is the Palazzo. It has changed hands two times since I've been here, and I've only been here for a year. First of all, it was close enough to my son's home to make it convenient. Second of all, they had a two-bedroom apartments which is what I wanted. The price at the time seemed like something I could handle. They do have ongoing amenities of entertainment, parties, bingo, games, and Wii bowling, so there are things that make it attractive to me. They have three areas for independent living. They have independent living, assisted living, and an Alzheimer's group. I'm in the independent living, and I like that. Those are the things that attracted me to this place. This new place took over on May 1st, so it's totally brand new.

December 21, 2015

By Linda D.

It is a very nice place. It's like a city, and it's too overwhelming for my mother-in-law. The apartments were very nice. The only thing I didn’t like about it is that they have a long hallway to walk to get to your apartment.

April 29, 2014

By Shari6

It was a large place, and there were lots of people there. They had a lot going on for the people who live there. They had a deli and an ice cream shop. They had tables and chairs to play cards at, they had couches on the side and other chairs, and there were groups of people who can gather there and visit. It was really nice. The facility itself is very close to a mall. They have outings all the time. You can sign up to go to the mall or to go to the church. They would take people to the theatre, so there were different things for them. They had a big hallway to go to the rooms, and it was really wide. You can get from your room to anywhere that you need to go without going outside. You can go from building to building. I looked at the menu they had, and it was a really good menu. You get one meal a day, either lunch or dinner. They had a little deli there where they have different salads, sandwiches, and drinks. Of course, you have to pay for that yourself. It is not free.

February 27, 2014

It was very good. It was affordable. They were very good and very helpful. The rooms I saw was going to be renovated. They do have a pool and a great cafeteria. I like the little walkway they have there. It was like a little village. It's very nice. The reason why I did not go there is because it's a little bit too far south, and it was away from where I wanted to be.

Nursing Home Reviews for The Palazzo

Memory Care Reviews for The Palazzo

Questions about The Palazzo

What programs or activities does The Palazzo offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer many activities including Zumba, Chair Yoga, Tai Chi, stretching a Strong Body, Water Aerobics plus activities to stimulate the mind like Trivia Contests, Live Music Entertainment, Happy Hours, Outings and more.

What places are near The Palazzo or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Located in Central Phoenix we are close to shopping, hospitals, banks, public transportation

What transportation services does The Palazzo offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation to doctors/dentists, grocery stores, malls, banks, pharmacies

What makes the chef or dining program at The Palazzo exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer an extensive variety of food. Every day the menu features daily specials with one always designated as the lowest sodium option. In addition to the specials, our menu always offers additional items including grilled chicken, salads, sandwiches made-to-order, hamburgers, fish, vegetables...

What safety features or security measures does The Palazzo offer to assisted living residents?

Every AL resident has a Life Alert pendant and there are emergency pull cords in the bathrooms. Caregivers are in AL 24 hours a day catering to our residents' requests.

How does The Palazzo keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We are a very open style campus. Family is always welcome to call us with any questions. We do also reach out whenever there are any milestones to share. In addition, we showcase our monthly activities calendars on our website along with photos form our resident activities so a family member may spot a loved one in these photos.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Palazzo during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staff-to-resident ratios are always based on census and remain at levels higher than any state mandates. We have multiple AL neighborhoods and we provide our residents with the care they desire.

If The Palazzo accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Some of our AL neighborhoods allow pets. We have plenty of outdoor space and courtyards plus many apartments have patios/balconies

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Being located in Central Phoenix, we are close to so much - Downtown, Scottsdale, East and West Valley. Great public transportation near by so the entire Valley is easily accessible

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Palazzo has organized?

Museums, restaurants, movie theaters, casinos

What transportation services does The Palazzo offer to independent living residents?

We provide transportation to doctors, grocery, banks, pharmacies, outings and more

What makes the chef or dining program at The Palazzo exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Extensive menu with many options offered daily.

If The Palazzo accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Every ground floor apartment has a walk out patio plus we have numerous courtyards for our residents and their pets to enjoy. We are on a 15 acre campus with plenty of outdoor space to walk and enjoy the beautiful Arizona weather.

Does The Palazzo work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have an on-site home care agency to assist IL residents with their daily needs when requested.

What safety features or security measures does The Palazzo provide to protect residents who wander?

The Palazzo is a gated community with 24 hour Concierge services. For residents who exhibit signs of wandering, our Memory Care is a secured neighborhood with private and semi-private apartments plus a beautiful outdoor courtyard which is also a secure area for our MC residents.

Costs for The Palazzo

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Heat And Air Conditioning, Library, Courtyards, Billiards Room,

• Technology Extra: 24 Hour Emergency Coverage, Emergency Call System

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

• State Licenses: AL10014C, AL10013C

About The Palazzo

The Palazzo is a newly renovated Senior Living Community located in Phoenix, Arizona, just west of the Phoenix Mountains Preserve. Residents can enjoy convenient housekeeping and linen services, medication management (extra cost), on-site maintenance 24/7, professional care staff and access to public transportation. Social life includes beautiful landscaped courtyards and green space for outdoor activities, plus a game room, billiards room, arts & crafts room, cinema and cafe. The Palazzo offers top-level care and living accommodations. Residents receive attention and assistance with a variety of needs, from taking medications to bathing, dressing, travel to medical appointments or religious services, as well as 24-hour emergency coverage.

Our staff is a caring and dedicated team intent on providing the best 24-hour care in the Phoenix area today.

Map of The Palazzo