Brookdale Jones Farm

Reviews of Brookdale Jones Farm

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Jones Farm

January 27, 2014

By Eugenia2

I know about Brookdale. We have several people in our church who live there and they're very pleased with it. They say the food is good. I have eaten there. I went to a seminar there over six months ago and it was very good. They have lots of activities that they can join in if they want to and they have a shuttle to take them shopping if they come to doctors' appointments. They seem to be very adequate with several other places here in Huntsville. They were one of the original ones and they keep everything upgraded and it's very nice.

December 26, 2013

By Nell2

Our visit at Brookdale Place at Jones Farm went well. I enjoyed it. It was a really nice place. They have assisted living and independent living. It was clean and there was no smell. The staff who showed me around gave me a lot of attention so that was good. I saw one room and it was very efficient. It was small but well planned. I really like the little balcony outside. They did have planned activities for their residents there. I went to the independent living dining area, which was just a dining room but it was clean and nice. The residents there seemed like they were enjoying themselves. Overall, it was a good place.

May 14, 2013

We chose Brookdale Place Jones Farm for my aunt because of the location and the rating. The independent living apartments were larger compared to the assisted living apartments. It would be nice if the assisted living facility was more like a real apartment. They had various activities but my aunt is deaf so it limited her access to these activities. The staff were nice and I do not have any complaints. The food was good but it was too expensive for visitors because they charged way too much.

May 11, 2013

By Caring 8966

I was disappointed with my visit at Brookdale Place Jones Farm because I waited for the person I had an appointment with. She was busy with another client. The residents were also arguing with the person who gave the tour. There was also a strong odor inside the facility. It was larger than the other places and I thought my mother would not be comfortable there.

February 28, 2013

By Lawrence1

Brookdale Place Jones was very nice and had more of a cottage feel. The rooms were larger and I think it was two floors with 24/7 nurse on site. There were 96 residents, 48 on each floor. It was at the back of an apartment complex and the setting wasn't the best, even though it's in Jones Valley which is a beautiful area. Otherwise, I was very impressed with the facility and everything else on it. The staff was adequate for the number of residents. We were able to speak with some of the residents and the feedback was very good. So I felt like they were running a very good facility.

October 30, 2012

By David13

Brookdale Farms is a great facility in a great location. I'm quite happy with what they have to offer. The staff was quite good and personable. They have professional chef and the meals were good. I'm quite pleased with it.

May 18, 2012

By JesseCordell

I have never spoken to any of the staff or had to deal with them but the place is beautiful. They have outdoor gardens which my Mother in Law loves, She says the provide her with good food several times a day that fit her needs because she is diabetic and they also have choices of what food they want so they are not stuck with one option of take it or leave it. They organize different activities for them like shopping trips and activities and even social gatherings like dancing. They have a bulletin board up in the community center and it shows different things they have such as education programs for anyone interested. They also provide transportation to go anywhere around the facility for people who can not get arount very well.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Jones Farm

March 27, 2014

By Melva2

My mother moved into Brookdale Place. It is the only place we visited, and we really felt that it was the best choice for the money. We like it very much. Mother lived in her home for 50 years, but she is adjusting well there. She is in an apartment, like a nursing room home, but she has a kitchen and two bedrooms. She has her own pictures and furniture there. They have art classes, balance classes, and yoga. They also have therapy available with a doctor's prescription. They go on trips, which is very nice. The dining room is very nice. They have just hired a new chef. The choices are very good. I have eaten there with my mother for the two weeks that I have been staying with her, and food is very nice. It is well prepared.

Questions about Brookdale Jones Farm

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Jones Farm. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents range in age, but the average is 82. While their interests vary, many like attending socials, bible studies and playing a variety of games.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Jones Farm offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our most popular is Brain-fit. It is an activity that is fun and interactive and uses trivia to keep our resident’s minds sharp. We also offer exercise classes to address the physical, bible studies for the spiritual, educational classes and programs to address intellectual. Our dining staff provides a variety of menu choices that are well-balanced and fulfill nutritional needs. Basically, we want our residents to be happy, healthy and lead purposeful lives. – Optimum Lives!

What places are near Brookdale Jones Farm or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our community provides lots of walking areas and courtyards, we are also walking distance from shopping and from a beautiful park with a pond for fishing, watching the ducks, or having a picnic.

What transportation services does Brookdale Jones Farm offer to assisted living residents?

We offer scheduled transportation to shopping on Mondays and Fridays and to doctor’s appointments on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We also have planned outings to restaurants, plays the symphony, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Jones Farm exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our menus have lots of variety and options, at each meal. Our residents can expect a cooked to order breakfast, a large lunch with soup, salad, and dessert added to the delicious entre. Dinner options are a lighter fare, since most residents do not want three large meals each day. Each table has packets of our Signature Seasonings for residents to add individualized flare to their food.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Jones Farm offer to assisted living residents?

All of our apartments are handicapped accessible. The bathrooms have walk-in showers that include a seat, safety handrails, and a handheld shower wand. For residents who need more assistance with showers or dressing, we have a fantastic care giving staff to help with their needs. Each apartment has emergency pull cords in the bedroom and bathroom and all residents are issued a pendent that has a locator in it for anywhere in the community. When the cords are pulled or pendants are pressed a notification goes to our nurses, caregivers and our on-site call center. There is staff available for our residents 24 hours per day.

How does Brookdale Jones Farm keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

An email list, a weekly bulletin put in each resident’s box on Fridays, and a monthly newsletter with a calendar of events, provide printed materials to keep residents and families informed. There is also a channel on their TV that scrolls events of the day. Each month there is town hall meeting and families are welcome to attend. We are blessed to have very engaged families, who are here on a weekly basis. They usually check in with our administrator and wellness director and other staff to see what things are happening during the week.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Jones Farm during daytime and nighttime hours?

Daytime – Weekdays: 2 nurses 3 aides Weekend days: 4.5 Nighttime: 2 nurses and 2 aides. After 10pm 1 nurse 1 aide. Weekdays, there is also our Director of Assisted Living (Licensed Administrator), and a Wellness Director (Nurse who is also a Licensed Administrator), lifestyles team, housekeeping team, and dining team and maintenance team and administrative team or available to help residents if needed.

If Brookdale Jones Farm accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

There is a dog park for our furry residents. It is a fenced in area with seating for the residents to relax and watch their fur babies. We also accept cats.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our administrators and nurses participate in Continuing Education classes throughout the year. In addition to the state required training, all of our staff – from assisted living to billing, etc. Receive monthly training through Brookdale Learning Management system. Each employee stays current on topics such as resident care, emergency preparedness and much more. Brookdale Senior Living is an industry leader in training.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brookdale Jones Farm. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our independent living residents range in age from 62 to 99. The average age is 83. We have 137 apartments and 48 garden homes. Their interests vary but the most popular activities are socials and theme parties, bible studies and bridge or other cards. With over 220 residents, our lifestyles department stays very busy keeping a full calendar with lots of opportunities.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Brookdale Jones Farm is located in the heart of beautiful Jones Valley. In addition to scenic views and outdoor opportunities, we are near shopping, dining, churches, a wellness center, aquatics center and medical facilities. When it comes to finding a home, we are number one in location, location, location!

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brookdale Jones Farm has organized?

During the holiday season, we attend numerous tree lighting events, light shows, and musical presentations. In the fall, our bus takes residents on fall foliage viewing. This year’s trip was to Mentone which is on the back side of Lookout Mountain. The trip was full of the beautiful colors of the season, and included lunch at the Wildflower Café – which is on the list of “100 Things You Must Do in Alabama.” The Huntsville Symphony Orchestra and the Broadway Theatre Series are also among our favorite trips, along with lunch at Miss Mary Bobo’s Boarding House located at the Jack Daniel’s Distillery in Lynchburg, TN

What transportation services does Brookdale Jones Farm offer to independent living residents?

Shopping on Mondays and Fridays (includes a monthly trip to the commissary for our retired military) and doctor visits on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Other transportation can be scheduled for a nominal fee.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Jones Farm exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Independent living residents receive breakfast and choose either lunch of dinner (their biggest meal of the day). Our menus have lots of variety and options, at each meal. Our residents can expect a continental breakfast each morning (except Wednesday, which is a large breakfast bar with eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, etc.). Our lunch/dinner menu includes numerous daily feature choices from 3 entrée choices and several accompaniments, to always available items such as a cheeseburger, chicken fingers, baked tilapia and more. There is always a soup, salad, and dessert added to complete the meal. Each table has packets of our Signature Seasonings for residents to add individualized flare to their food.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Livingroom, Library, Billiards Room, Card Room, Chapel, 2 Private Dining Venues, Fitness Center, Puzzle Area, Large Multi-purpose Community Room, Porches, Courtyards, Garden, Dog Park, and Walking Paths

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Jones Farm offer to independent living residents?

Safety: Emergency pull cords in bathrooms and bedrooms, grab bars and handrails in walk-in shower, check in system. Security: gated community – gate locks at 9:00 pm, cameras on community entrances, 24-hour security.

There is a dog park for our furry residents. It is a fenced in area with seating for the residents to relax and watch their fur babies. We accept cats too.

Does Brookdale Jones Farm work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Brookdale partners with a variety of agencies to provide assistance for our residents – Hospice, Home Health, Therapy Services. Brookdale Personalized Living is a caregiver/companion service we offer for those who need assistance. If a private nurse is needed, we work with agencies that provide that service. Brookdale Jones Farm does not provide MC. Brookdale Hampton Cove is the provider of those services.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Jones Farm provide to protect residents who wander?

Brookdale Jones Farm is not a licensed memory care. If a resident is a wander risk, we refer them to Brookdale Hampton Cove who is specialized in memory care. However, we do have security cameras on all our exit doors and our community has someone at the main desk monitoring it 24 hours per day. This is not for wander issues, but for peace of mind and the safety of all our residents. We are also a gated community and the gate locks at 9 pm.

Photos of Brookdale Jones Farm

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Jones Farm

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• State Licenses: D4524

About Brookdale Jones Farm

Brookdale Jones Farm provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Jones Farm